Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wont boot
Operating Systems HP-UX Wont boot Post 302138580 by forhad on Tuesday 2nd of October 2007 12:59:44 PM
Old 10-02-2007
1. I have no idea. I am new in this.
2. I added the other drive in same LVM. It was not a permanent addition. I wanted to clone it from the original drive.
3. I used this command dd if=<source disk> of=<target disk> bs=512

Sorry for my ignorace about all this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache wont start

Hi, like a lot of people that post here, I am new at UNIX. The only UNIX I have ever messed with is my iBook running MacOSX (10.1). I have a grasp of the basic commands and understanding of the system but only to a point. I searched the archive and FreeBSD.org and apache.org but I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alpha_Harblo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Sparc box wont boot. Keyboard?

Do I HAVE to have a Sun Sparc type keyboard? Ive got an Ultra Sparc workstation I got from EBAY that was supposted to be working. This box has a PS2 AND Sparc's odd looking keyboard port. Does my system have a switch in the BIOS simmilar to the x86 "Halt on keyboard error?" ...Or maybe a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Curt
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor wont come on...

I know this may not be the right forum, but here goes. Last night I was playing my favorite game Everquest and my monitor goes blank... I was able to save out of my game and shut it down... My question is this: I thought my monitor had died but this morning I was able to get it to come back... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

4. Solaris

file wont remove

check this out ls -l nmo* -rwsr-s--- 1 root dba 19312 Mar 31 14:44 nmo -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 0 May 19 2004 nmo0 -rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 16512 Mar 31 14:44 nmocat # rm nmo0 nmo0: No such file or directory # id uid=0(root) gid=1(other) what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
8 Replies

5. Solaris

SMC wont start

Today I attempted to use SMC for the first time on SUNSVR01 since 4 November. The SMC toolbox loads just fine but when I attempt to run any of the tools in SMC, I get red stop signs with labels like "com.sun.admin.hostmgr.client.vhostmgr" in the GUI. At the bottom of the screen, I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjseaman
0 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 wont boot off cdrom

Hello, Ive just aquired a blade 150 off ebay.Im new to suns and are having a problem getting it to boot off the cdrom.Openboot continuously tries to do a network boot and I cant enter any commands.Im using an average pc keyboard and it definetly works.Thanks for any help.:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucky
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 zone wont boot - interface in use

We have a Solaris 10 system with a solaris 9 branded zone. Trying to create a new lo interfaces i ended up rebooting the zone. The zone will not come up, it ran fine before i tried this. When i run the zoneadm -z zone-s9 boot command i get "zoneadm: zone 'zone-s9': lo0:2: could not bring... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

9. SCO

Sco UNIX wont boot - long beeps

HI All, I have an old SCO-UNIX machine which I support a long standing client / friend with. I don't use it very often, and is kept switched off. All was well 2 weeks ago, but when I tried to boot today all I get is a continuous set of long beeps but no booting. I have checked inside... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy sleight
4 Replies
MLXCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 MLXCTL(8)

NAME
mlxctl -- Mylex DAC960 family management utility SYNOPSIS
mlxctl [-f dev] [-v] [-a] status [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] [-a] detach [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] [-a] check [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] rebuild channel:target mlxctl [-f dev] cstatus mlxctl [-f dev] rescan mlxctl [-f dev] config DESCRIPTION
The mlxctl utility performs status monitoring and management functions for Mylex DAC960 RAID controllers and attached devices. The following options are available: -a Apply the action to all drives attached to the controller. -f dev Specify the control device to use. The default is /dev/mlx0. -v Increased verbosity. The following commands are available: cstatus Display the controller's current status. status Display the status of the specified drives. This command returns 0 if all drives tested are online, 1 if one or more drives are critical and 2 if one or more are offline. rescan Re-scan the logical drive table, and attach or detach devices from the system as necessary. detach Detach the specified drives. Drives must be unmounted and unopened for this command to succeed. check Initiate a consistency check and repair pass on a drive that provides redundancy (e.g., RAID1 or RAID5). This command returns imme- diately. The status command can be used to monitor the progress of the check. rebuild Rebuild onto the specified physical drive. Note that there can be only one running rebuild operation per controller at any given time. This command returns immediately. The cstatus command can be used to monitor the progress of the rebuild. config Write the current system drive configuration to stdout. EXAMPLES
Display the status of drive ld3 attached to the controller mlx1: mlxctl -f /dev/mlx1 -v status ld3 SEE ALSO
ld(4), mlx(4) HISTORY
The mlxctl command first appeared in NetBSD 1.5.3, and was based on the mlxcontrol utility found in FreeBSD. BUGS
Modifying drive configuration is not yet supported. Some commands do not work with older firmware revisions. Error log extraction is not yet supported. BSD
April 10, 2000 BSD