Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error during the execution of script Post 302133703 by surjyap on Friday 24th of August 2007 07:32:16 PM
Old 08-24-2007
error during the execution of script

Hi,
I have a cron job which executes daily once 9 PM.

The script is like
if [ ${PRNTSHELL} = "OC" ]
then
TYPE=OC
elif [ ${PRNTSHELL} = "I" ]
then
TYPE=i
elif [ ${PRNTSHELL} = "MMC" ]
then
TYPE=mmc
elif [ ${PRNTSHELL} = "CB" ]
then
TYPE=CB
elif [ ${PRNTSHELL} = "OTH" ]
then
TYPE=oth
fi
SBTYPE=`echo $TYPE | tr [a-z] [A-Z]`

During the exection of the script some time (not always) I get the below message:
Usage: tr [ -cds ] [ String1 [ String2 ] ]
Usage: tr [ -cds ] [ String1 [ String2 ] ]

Can any one please help me. I am not able find out the cause. Please someone help me to esolve this issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SolarisCron job perl script execution error

Hi, I want to run a crontab job on solaris10.5. I have configured the crontab accordingly 10 * * * * /scripts/dbalter.pl >> /scripts/cronout.txt.However this does not work .Then I go to /var/mail/root and find an error in the output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution error with awk script

Hi, I run an awk script and I got the error attached below: here are the lines that the compiler point to as an error: duration = timeEnd1-timeBegin1; print "Transmission: type of traffic " flow1 ; print “ - Total transmitted bits = ” totalBits1 ” bits”; print “ - duration = ”... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of shell script returns error 127

Hi All, While running shell script i got following output. interpreter "usr/bin/ksh" not found sh: step1.sh: not found. ldnhpux | oracle >echo $? 127 - Running command "which ksh" retruns "usr/bin/ksh". - I found some information on web stating to remove extra carriage return chars,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchirP
8 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error in sh script execution

Script: #!/sbin/sh echo "Welcome to my First Script" echo "Enter a word" read PASS if then echo "You are correct" elif then echo "Thats incorrect" else echo "Bye" fi When i run the script shell says: Syntax error at line 7:'elif' is not expected I ran through some old posts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Error!

I am having output in this format.. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20 Jan 01 14:32 abc.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40 Jan 01 14:32 abcd.txt -rw-r--r-- (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav456
9 Replies

9. AIX

Error while script execution - 0403-029 there is not enough memory available now

Hi, I am executing a shell script on AIX box where I need to list all the files in the file system and then do some other tasks with them. I am able to do this successfully on HP-UX and Linux boxes but I get the following error after 10-15 seconds when I try to execute the script on an AIX box. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Stop script execution, when we encounter error

Team, Im new to shell scripting please help in below issue: Considering scenario i have 1.sql,2.sql,3.sql and 4.sql . If my second script fails my loop should come out and should not execute 3.sql and 4.sql. Here is my code. #! /bin/bash echo "exit" | user/password | grep Connected >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
4 Replies
AT(1)							      General Commands Manual							     AT(1)

NAME
at - execute commands at a later time SYNOPSIS
at [ -c ] [ -s ] [ -m ] time [ day ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
At spools away a copy of the named file to be used as input to sh(1) or csh(1). If the -c flag (for (csh(1))) or the -s flag (for (sh(1))) is specified, then that shell will be used to execute the job; if no shell is specified, the current environment shell is used. If no file name is specified, at prompts for commands from standard input until a ^D is typed. If the -m flag is specified, mail will be sent to the user after the job has been run. If errors occur during execution of the job, then a copy of the error diagnostics will be sent to the user. If no errors occur, then a short message is sent informing the user that no errors occurred. The format of the spool file is as follows: A four line header that includes the owner of the job, the name of the job, the shell used to run the job, and whether mail will be set after the job is executed. The header is followed by a cd command to the current directory and a umask command to set the modes on any files created by the job. Then at copies all relevant environment variables to the spool file. When the script is run, it uses the user and group ID of the creator of the spool file. The time is 1 to 4 digits, with an optional following `A', `P', `N' or `M' for AM, PM, noon or midnight. One and two digit numbers are taken to be hours, three and four digits to be hours and minutes. If no letters follow the digits, a 24 hour clock time is understood. The optional day is either (1) a month name followed by a day number, or (2) a day of the week; if the word `week' follows, invocation is moved seven days further off. Names of months and days may be recognizably truncated. Examples of legitimate commands are at 8am jan 24 at -c -m 1530 fr week at -s -m 1200n week At programs are executed by periodic execution of the command /usr/libexec/atrun from cron(8). The granularity of at depends upon the how often atrun is executed. Error output is lost unless redirected or the -m flag is requested, in which case a copy of the errors is sent to the user via mail(1). FILES
/usr/spool/at spooling area /usr/spool/at/yy.ddd.hhhh.* job file /usr/spool/at/past directory where jobs are executed from /usr/spool/at/lasttimedone last time atrun was run /usr/libexec/atrun executor (run by cron(8)) SEE ALSO
atq(1), atrm(1), calendar(1), sleep(1), cron(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Complains about various syntax errors and times out of range. BUGS
Due to the granularity of the execution of /usr/libexec/atrun, there may be bugs in scheduling things almost exactly 24 hours into the future. If the system crashes, mail is not sent to the user informing them that the job was not completed. Sometimes old spool files are not removed from the directory /usr/spool/at/past. This is usually due to a system crash, and requires that they be removed by hand. 4th Berkeley Distribution October 21, 1996 AT(1)