Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compaq Proliant ML370 G2 with Broadcom BCM5703 NIC Post 302121336 by jgt on Wednesday 13th of June 2007 07:38:30 AM
Old 06-13-2007
The CMOS settings.
I don't very often work with Proliants so the following are only suggestions.
Does the smartstart cd have any diagnostic software that will display the data you are looking for?
Is the CMOS accessed by pressing F10 on boot up.
Does the new motherboard have features that the old one did not (USB,sound)?

On typical no-name desktop systems that have an Award BIOS, the bus number, device number and the third item is listed on the monitor after the table that shows the amount of memory, and serial parallel port addresses etc, and before the boot prompt, put a bootable CD in the drive to slow the process down.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create RAID - Smart Array Tool - ML370

Hi guys, i must install an old old old ml370 server... I must create a RAID 5 with my 4 SCSI disk. I need a SmartStart disk for create it or a Floppy Disk called "Array configuration Tool". I don't find it on the hp website...:mad::mad::mad: Anyone have it?? Thanks in advance. Zio (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 and Broadcom drivers

Hi to all, I've installed Solaris 10 on my workstation but I've some networks problems.My NIC,a Broadcom integrated chipset don't work with solaris.Whit the prtconf command I'm unable to identify the correct chipset's model.And I'm searching hovewer for some drivers but I'm fear that Broadcom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

3. BSD

Broadcom 4312 in BSD

Is there a way to configure Broadocom wifi 4312 in a bsd system, FreeBSD or OpenBSD. I will appreciate any kind of help. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piukeman
1 Replies

4. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

squid proxy: one NIC for inbound & one NIC for outbound?

I am new in squid proxy. My question is how to (and if it's necessary) to set one NIC for inbound traffic (http requests) and one NIC for outbound traffic (http answers)? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

I want to tune NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. which NIC device should I modify.

Dear All I want tune my NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. In my system I have two NIC (eth0, eth1) and I have a bond0 ( eth0, eth1). Here is the question? Which device should I modify ? eth0 and eth1? or just modify bond0 or modify all device (eth0, eth1, bond0) Any advice is welcome.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Broadcom driver for Solaris

I'm having the hardest time finding the Broadcom drivers for Solaris. I need an odd ball, 32-bit for Solaris 10. Anyone know where I can find one? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ihatewindows
0 Replies

8. Linux

Broadcom under Fedora 18 (Spherical Cow)

So I'm having a problem getting a Broadcom BCM4312 wireless controller to work under the broadcom-wl module $uname Linux 3.8.11-200.fc18.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 1 19:44:27 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux lspci -v 05:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skrynesaver
2 Replies

9. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
BNX(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BNX(4)

NAME
bnx -- Broadcom NetXtreme II 10/100/1000 Ethernet device SYNOPSIS
bnx* at pci? brgphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The bnx driver supports Broadcom's NetXtreme II product family, such as the BCM5706 PCI-X and BCM5708-BCM5709 PCI Express Ethernet con- trollers, which includes the following: o Dell PowerEdge 1950 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o Dell PowerEdge 2950 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o Dell PowerEdge M710 integrated BCM5709S NIC (1000baseSX) o HP NC370F PCI-X Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (1000baseSX) o HP NC370T PCI-X Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o HP NC373F PCI Express Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (1000baseSX) o HP NC373i PCI Express Multifunction Gigabit embedded server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o HP NC380T PCI Express Dual Port Multifunction Gigabit server adapter (10/100/1000baseT) o IBM xSeries 3550 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) o IBM xSeries 3650 integrated BCM5708 NIC (10/100/1000baseT) The NetXtreme II product family is composed of various Converged NIC (or CNIC) Ethernet controllers which support a TCP Offload Engine (TOE), Remote DMA (RDMA), and iSCSI acceleration, in addition to standard L2 Ethernet traffic, all on the same controller. The following features are supported in the bnx driver under NetBSD: IPv4 receive IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload Jumbo frames (up to 9022 bytes) VLAN tag insertion Interrupt coalescing 10/100/1000Mbps operation in full-duplex mode 10/100Mbps operation in half-duplex mode The bnx driver supports the following media types: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode via ifconfig(8). 10baseT/UTP Set 10Mbps operation. The ifconfig(8) mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes. 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. The ifconfig(8) mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes. 1000baseTX Set 1000baseTX operation over twisted pair. Only full-duplex mode is supported. 1000baseSX Set 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) operation. Both full-duplex and half-duplex modes are supported. 2500baseSX Set 2500Mbps operation. Only full-duplex mode is supported. The bnx driver supports the following media options: full-duplex Force full duplex operation. half-duplex Force half duplex operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). SEE ALSO
arp(4), brgphy(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The bnx device driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
December 10, 2010 BSD