Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Label: Disk_err4
Operating Systems AIX Label: Disk_err4 Post 302104627 by andwhat on Friday 26th of January 2007 09:43:52 AM
Old 01-26-2007
Label: Disk_err4

I was trying to access my filesystem "tools" but couldn't, so I run fsck, but
says Unable to read superblock (TERMINATED)
when try mounting says
mount: /dev/lv01 on /tools: I/O error

the state of logical volumes of rootvg are "open/stale", what does it means?
LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT
hd6 paging 128 256 2 open/stale N/A
hd5 boot 2 2 1 closed/syncd N/A
hd8 jfslog 1 2 2 open/stale N/A
hd4 jfs 2 4 2 open/stale /
hd2 jfs 151 302 2 open/stale /usr
hd9var jfs 2 4 2 open/stale /var
hd3 jfs 6 12 2 open/stale /tmp
hd1 jfs 1 2 2 open/stale /home
lv01 jfs 1 1 1 closed/syncd /tools
lv05 jfs 125 125 1 closed/syncd /usr/sys/inst.images
paging00 paging 72 72 1 open/syncd N/A

thank you very much for your help!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Label:scan_error_chrp

Am getting an error in error log LABEL: SCAN_ERROR_CHRP IDENTIFIER: BFE4C025 Date/Time: Wed May 17 10:49:32 CUT Sequence Number: 6738 Machine Id: 00CD552E4C00 Node Id: dbs104 Class: H Type: PERM Resource Name: sysplanar0 Resource Class:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Label printing help

Hi I need some help in label printing with Zebra printers. (Model 220xiII) Here is a small test label file which prints fine in portrait format. Can anyone tell me how to change the label printing mode to landscape format? HEADER;TESTLBL;1;1;5;4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpalghat
0 Replies

3. AIX

Label: Fcp_array_err4

In errpt i have got the following error and my database performs slow. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: FCP_ARRAY_ERR4 IDENTIFIER: D5385D18 Date/Time: Tue Jul 22 10:50:10 CUT Sequence Number: 193913 Machine Id: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading label from tape

Hi, I have a HP SURESTORE 40 tape drive. Several archives are stored on it using DUMP. I have several volumes stored on the tape... If I issue restore -rf /dev/st0 will it restore just the arhcive that the tape reader is currently on or will it restore all of them? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to write volume label / ID into CD

I've a peculiar requirement that, i want to write the md5sum of the ISO image in to CD or DVD where i write that ISO. If you want to write some other information as volume label/ID, we can use the mkisofs command's -V option. But i cannot use this because before the creation of the iso file,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using A Goto Label?

Im trying to do something like this but I cant find any documentation. read X if then goto ThisLine fi OTHER CODE OTHER CODE Label: ThisLine echo "You entered 1" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello, I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris. I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8. I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Resadija
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read a disk label?

Hi there, I'm wondering how to display a disk label (why not edit it but I don't need that yet). I found several commands on forums like disklabel and diskinfo but I can't find them on my system and don't know the package they belong to. Can you help me? Cheers Santiago (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop using LABEL

Hi, i have below code so i want to run only one for loop instead of two. if ; then FILE_NAME_SLS=`cat $FILE_PATH|grep 'GTDA_Dly_Sls_'` DELMT="|" for i in $FILE_NAME_SLS do ABaC_COL_SL=`cut -d "$DELMT"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: renuk
6 Replies

10. AIX

Which IP label is used for HeartBeating?

Hi, In HACMP, which IP label ( Service/ Boot/ Persisten) is used for send/receive Heartbeat packets in IP based Heartbeating? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
1 Replies
xchklog(8)						JFS utility - extract fsck.jfs log						xchklog(8)

NAME
xchklog - extract a log from the JFS fsck workspace into a file SYNOPSIS
xchklog [ -f output.file ] [ -p ] [ -V ] device DESCRIPTION
xchklog extracts the contents of either the most recent or immediately prior JFS fsck service log from the specified device, and writes the output into a specified or default file. (The default file name is <pwd>fscklog.new. If the -p option is used, the default file name is <pwd>fscklog.old.) The contents of the output file can be formatted into text by using the JFS utility xchkdmp. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the fsck log will be extracted (e.g. /dev/hdb1 ). OPTIONS
-f output.file Specify the output file name, overriding the default file name. output.file must be 127 characters or less in length. output.file will be created in the present working directory unless it is fully qualified. -p Extract the prior log (as opposed to the most recent log). -V Print version information and exit (regardless of any other chosen options). EXAMPLES
Extract the most recent log on /dev/hda5 into <pwd>fscklog.new: xchklog /dev/hda5 Extract the most recent log on /dev/hdb3 into /temp/l9651107.log: xchklog -f /temp/l9651107.log /dev/hdb3 Extract the prior log on /dev/hdb4 into <pwd>fscklog.old: xchklog -p /dev/hdb4 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or xchklog, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://oss.software.ibm.com/jfs Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any xchklog error messages and the complete output of running fsck.jfs with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
xchkdmp(8), mkfs.jfs(8), fsck.jfs(8), logdump(8), logredo(8), xpeek(8) AUTHOR
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) xchklog is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://oss.software.ibm.com/jfs January 11, 2002 xchklog(8)