Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Documenattion on Borne And C shell programming Post 302079321 by Hitori on Sunday 9th of July 2006 08:10:37 AM
Old 07-09-2006
C shell syntax and Bourne shell syntax are not compatible

Good point to start with Bourne Shell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourne_shell
C shell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Shell
Everything you need to know about Bourne Shell programming
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sh.html
Most full guide, Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying from borne shell to C shell

Just want to know a few conversion tricks. in Borne Shell, I have the line: if test -s testmap then ... fi ## testmap is a filename and I wanna test whether it exists ## then do whatever How can I convert that to C Shell? I've tried: if (test -s testmap) then ... endif but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkisoft
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can there be multi-dimensional variable arrays in borne shell?

Hello - I've serached the web but can't find much on array script variables (except that C-shell variables are arrays!) I'm trying to form a 2-D string array: (this is what I want, but in java) String list = { {"one", "two"}, {"three"} }; I know this is a 1-D string array shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jparker
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help With My First Borne Shell Program

I'm working on writing my very first borne shell program and I need some help. I think I'm pretty close to having this correct but I may be off. I think my actual program is coded correctly but the commands I use within it I think are what's throwing it off? **Purpose of the program: To... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FuzzyNips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming

I want notes for learning Shell programming (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neha Agarwal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Find command in Borne Shell

I need to perform two separate commands as part of the -exec section of a find command. Is this possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marshaferry
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

borne shell script

I need anwser to this qestion! I havewirte a script that provides line numbered contents of a file which must make use of the following control structures files Command line arguments I am a complete new commer to unix and bourne shell scripting can any one help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: migg-21
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for shell programming

My purpose was to print out all of name of students in a list.First of all,I created a file name "List" in /home/tuan/Desktop/Shell_programming as below Tom Henry Ben Linda Marry And my script "script" is #!/bin/sh path=/home/tuan/Desktop/Shell_programming/List for student in $path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thungmail
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming

Hi ULF, Good day! Let's say I have an input file similar to this one below: content-type 699 label SAMPLE1 pattern ip-address host 10.10.10.10 host 12.12.12.12 end udr udr-type TEST ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am getting strange message when run borne shell script

I have a code: if then#{ process daily files for file in *_${Today}*.csv *_${Today}*.txt do if || then echo "This file will be processed in separate script" continue fi if ;then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD