Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Asterisk / SIP Question.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Asterisk / SIP Question. Post 302130349 by petebear on Sunday 5th of August 2007 06:42:59 PM
Old 08-05-2007
Asterisk / SIP Question.

I've asked this question on many other forums and no one seems to know, so that's why I posted in the experts forume. So I just got a new sip phone. It is connected via usb to box A in my bedroom. Box B is in the living room and is running asterisk connected with a Zaptel card to a POTS line. I'm having trouble setting up the phone. Does does box A with the sip phone connected to it need to also be running asterisk? Is there a default asterisk config file for SIP clients? How do I set up box B to be a SIP server to box A? Both box and b sit on the same lan. Any help is appreciated.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. IP Networking

How to interconnect two Asterisk Servers with a SIP trunk Internationally

How to interconnect two Asterisk Servers with a SIP trunk Internationally Is it possible to setup an asterisk box in ex. Colombia S.A and another in the USA, setting up trunks between the boxes to speak to each other via sip or aix, create extensions, forward any incoming call on that local... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
SIP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    SIP(4)

NAME
sip -- SiS 900-based Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
sip* at pci? dev ? function ? Configuration of PHYs is also necessary. See mii(4). DESCRIPTION
The sip device driver supports Ethernet interfaces based on the Silicon Integrated Systems SiS 900, SiS 7016, and National Semiconductor DP83815 Ethernet chips. The SiS 900 is found on many motherboards featuring SiS chipsets, and on some embedded systems, and has a built-in PHY. The SiS 7016 is an older version of the chip, which uses an external PHY. The National Semiconductor DP83815 is found on NetGear FA-311 and FA-312 Ethernet boards, and has a built-in PHY. SEE ALSO
arp(4), ifmedia(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The sip driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. AUTHORS
The sip driver was originally written by Jason R. Thorpe for Network Computer, Inc. It has since been modified by Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.org> and Allen Briggs <briggs@NetBSD.org>. BSD
May 17, 2001 BSD