problem to make a crontab -l

Operating Systems Solaris problem to make a crontab -l
# 1  
Old 12-17-2007
problem to make a crontab -l

Hello everyone, this is the first i write in the forum, hope i can help ,
but now i have a problem
There must be something wrong in my machine. I installed ( years ago ) an application (NEP) and when I try to show the backup scheduled in crontab the systems says i have no privilegies to do that. I log in like root. Although i can't show the backup scheduled I can add new sentences in crontab.

I do not understand what can be the problem.Help??
# 2  
Old 12-17-2007
Hi all,

In one interview some one asked "Difference between Cursor and View".
So may i know the differneces so that some one get impressed.

Thanks in advance...
# 3  
Old 12-24-2007
Problem with Cron Permissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by javierg
Hello everyone, this is the first i write in the forum, hope i can help ,
but now i have a problem
There must be something wrong in my machine. I installed ( years ago ) an application (NEP) and when I try to show the backup scheduled in crontab the systems says i have no privilegies to do that. I log in like root. Although i can't show the backup scheduled I can add new sentences in crontab.

I do not understand what can be the problem.Help??
If I understand the aforementioned quote correctly, I think you're having a problem with your /etc/cron.d/cron.deny file.

If it was your intention to prevent all users from using cron in the past, the "ALL" string could have been added to the cron.deny file.
e.g. # echo ALL >> /etc/cron.d/cron.deny

So since root can't run cron...

I think the /etc/cron.d/cron.deny file is either populated with "root" or "ALL" You'll have to remove them.

Last edited by esofthub; 12-27-2007 at 11:45 AM..
# 4  
Old 01-02-2008
Hi all,
probably it was my mistake, i did not explain clearly.

I can't see datas ( scheduled backup) from the crontab when i'm using NEP Application, but the most strange is that using that applicacion i can executa a crontab -e.
When I try to see scehduled backup the applicaction only executes a crontab -l

If i connect to machine i can execute a crontab -l correctly.

thanks
# 5  
Old 01-02-2008
I'm afraid the problem you are facing is still unclearly explained.

Can you post the commands you run as root and as some other account, the output you got and the output you were expecting.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make entries in crontab file

I have created a shell script "abcd.sh" and script should run after every 10 min., For that I will create below entry in the crontab file by using command crontab -e */10 * * * * /cdr/work/proc_raw/abcd.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1 I wish to know whether above entry is correct or I have to make entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

2. Solaris

problem with crontab

hi all does any on has explanation for this result bash-3.00$ crontab -e "/var/tmp/Ex1kayUW" No space left on device The crontab file was not changed. bash-3.00$ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmannix
2 Replies

3. Solaris

crontab problem

online* 22:25:22 svc:/system/cron:default cron service not able to start i tried to disble it is not working. showing online* status. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - how to make time range?

im puting script in crontab, script is executing every 15min, every day, every monath but i must make time range from 0:00 - 20:00 <> 20:30 - 0:00 or if i cant make 20:30 then 0:00 - 20:00 <> 21:00- 0:00 can i make it in single line like this? 7,22,37,52 0-23 * * * test.sh >/dev/null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi.. i have a program (tf.sh), and i want what it runs automatically with a "lapsus" of 2 hours. (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23 hrs.) i know what i have to do it using crontab, but i donīt know how to do it. i have the next idea, but the problem is what it doesnīt run on my server... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in crontab

Hi All, Am facing an issue while updating the crontab.Getting below error while updating the cron. cron/tmp.XXXX5fXBR6: No space left on device crontab: edits left in /tmp/crontab.XXXXEJX5gw Is there any file where i need to alter using root user so that i can update the cron. TIA... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with crontab

i added to my crontab file: * * * * * echo "hello" it works, i receive a message into my /var/mail/username and i receive: bob in addition to a large text add-on any help appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Crontab

I have a server running 5.9 and I'm trying to cron in the following. 00 01 * * 7 cd /data/apache/logs && find . -type f -name "access.*" -mtime +1 -print |xargs rm > /dev/null 2>&1 But I keep get the following error.... 00 01 * * 7 cd /data/apache/logs && find . -type f -name "access.*"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Crontab

I have a problem with crontab. I made a class file name Mailer.class. When I run it at command line like this: $ java Mailer It runs very well and I got the email. But If I put it in a crontab line like this: 30 11 * * * java Mailer It doesn't work. Every time the cron job... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qhuynh
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question