Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem to make a crontab -l
Operating Systems Solaris problem to make a crontab -l Post 302154842 by javierg on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 04:26:02 AM
Old 01-02-2008
Hi all,
probably it was my mistake, i did not explain clearly.

I can't see datas ( scheduled backup) from the crontab when i'm using NEP Application, but the most strange is that using that applicacion i can executa a crontab -e.
When I try to see scehduled backup the applicaction only executes a crontab -l

If i connect to machine i can execute a crontab -l correctly.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Crontab

I have a problem with crontab. I made a class file name Mailer.class. When I run it at command line like this: $ java Mailer It runs very well and I got the email. But If I put it in a crontab line like this: 30 11 * * * java Mailer It doesn't work. Every time the cron job... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qhuynh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Crontab

I have a server running 5.9 and I'm trying to cron in the following. 00 01 * * 7 cd /data/apache/logs && find . -type f -name "access.*" -mtime +1 -print |xargs rm > /dev/null 2>&1 But I keep get the following error.... 00 01 * * 7 cd /data/apache/logs && find . -type f -name "access.*"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with crontab

i added to my crontab file: * * * * * echo "hello" it works, i receive a message into my /var/mail/username and i receive: bob in addition to a large text add-on any help appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in crontab

Hi All, Am facing an issue while updating the crontab.Getting below error while updating the cron. cron/tmp.XXXX5fXBR6: No space left on device crontab: edits left in /tmp/crontab.XXXXEJX5gw Is there any file where i need to alter using root user so that i can update the cron. TIA... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi.. i have a program (tf.sh), and i want what it runs automatically with a "lapsus" of 2 hours. (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23 hrs.) i know what i have to do it using crontab, but i donīt know how to do it. i have the next idea, but the problem is what it doesnīt run on my server... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - how to make time range?

im puting script in crontab, script is executing every 15min, every day, every monath but i must make time range from 0:00 - 20:00 <> 20:30 - 0:00 or if i cant make 20:30 then 0:00 - 20:00 <> 21:00- 0:00 can i make it in single line like this? 7,22,37,52 0-23 * * * test.sh >/dev/null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
3 Replies

8. Solaris

crontab problem

online* 22:25:22 svc:/system/cron:default cron service not able to start i tried to disble it is not working. showing online* status. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

9. Solaris

problem with crontab

hi all does any on has explanation for this result bash-3.00$ crontab -e "/var/tmp/Ex1kayUW" No space left on device The crontab file was not changed. bash-3.00$ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmannix
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make entries in crontab file

I have created a shell script "abcd.sh" and script should run after every 10 min., For that I will create below entry in the crontab file by using command crontab -e */10 * * * * /cdr/work/proc_raw/abcd.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1 I wish to know whether above entry is correct or I have to make entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
Cron executes commands at specified dates and times according to the instructions in the files /etc/crontab and /etc/crontab.local. None, either one, or both of these files may be present. Since cron never exits, it should only be executed once. This is best done by running cron from the initialization process through the file /etc/rc; see init(8). The crontab files consist of lines of seven fields each. The fields are separated by spaces or tabs. The first five are integer patterns to specify: o minute (0-59) o hour (0-23) o day of the month (1-31) o month of the year (1-12) o day of the week (1-7 with 1 = Monday) Each of these patterns may contain: o a number in the range above o two numbers separated by a minus meaning a range inclusive o a list of numbers separated by commas meaning any of the numbers o an asterisk meaning all legal values The sixth field is a user name: the command will be run with that user's uid and permissions. The seventh field consists of all the text on a line following the sixth field, including spaces and tabs; this text is treated as a command which is executed by the Shell at the specified times. A percent character (``%'') in this field is translated to a new-line character. Both crontab files are checked by cron every minute, on the minute. FILES
/etc/crontab /etc/crontab.local 7th Edition October 23, 1996 CRON(8)