Unable to get the mounted files in .gvfs

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to get the mounted files in .gvfs
# 1  
Old 08-20-2010
Question Unable to get the mounted files in .gvfs

I am using ubuntu and I used to mount the remote machine directory using the menu 'Places -> Connect to Server' . And I will use SSH as service type.

Usually the mounted files will available in the ~/.gvfs directory.But now I could get the files in the GUI but I could not get the files in the ~/.gvfs directory .

Can any one help me .
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to write to NFS mounted directory

Hi, I have exported a few nfs mounts from one server to the nfs clients. This is my nfs server dfstab : # cat /etc/dfs/dfstab # place share(1M) commands here for automatic execution # on entering init state 3. # # share <pathname> # .e.g, # share -F... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extremely slow file writing with many small files on mounted NAS

I am working on a CentOS release 6.4 server which has two mounted NAS devices, one with 20 x 3TB HDD running in FreeBSD with Zfs2 and one NAS which I don't know much about, but which has 7 HDDs in RAID-6. I was running tar -zxvf on a tarball that is 80Mb with 50,000 small files inside. Even... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TupTupBoom
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to write to a mounted NFS share

Hi All, I created a nfs share in the server(Solaris 10) with the following command and also updated the dfstab file share -F nfs -o rw=server_name2,anon=0 /to_share And then in the client(solaris 10) added the following command to mount the share mount -F nfs server_name1:/to_share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing latest & large files from a mounted drive

Hi All, My AIX server have a mounted drive "/stage". I want to list the latest modified/created files in this drive. Also large files in this drive. I tried to ls -l | sort +4nr | head -10 Someother solutions to list from entire drive. Thanks. :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

"Permission Denied" while modifying mounted files on MAC

Hi, I have two machines 1. MacOSx (Users --> userMac , IP - a.b.c.d) 2. FreeBSD (Users --> userBSD, IP- p.q.r.s) I want to modify some files of FreeBSD on my MacOS. So, I mounted the FreeBSD folder on my Mac as follows. $ sudo mount -o -P p.q.r.s:/usr/home/user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
5 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS mounted files

If I am not a system admin. How can I tell where a particular mounted file is mounted from. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to edit files present in mounted directory

I had mount from server A to server B. I am able to access the files present under server B. I can create new files on server B, but i am not able to edit the files which are already present. When i saw the permissions on those files it is 777. can some one tell me why i am not able to edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbaraju
2 Replies

8. Linux

gvfs-mount not working from command line (Fedora 11 x86-64)

When I access a samba share from command line using gvfs-mount, I can not see anything in ~/.gvfs/ directory. See below: ajitabhp:$ gvfs-mount smb://iomega-dstore/music/ ajitabhp:$ echo $? 0 ajitabhp:$ ls -l ~/.gvfs/ total 0 ajitabhp:$ ps -ef|grep gvfsd-smb ajitabhp 10896 1 0 11:28 ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitabhpandey
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync not copying all files from smb-mounted fs

We have an old windows server here, with a relatively large share upon it (200GB, 1-2 million files). Our entire network is Linux (RH8.0) based, and we therefore automount this using the samba client. We have just begun migration to a linux fileserver, to save ourselves having to use lovely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding hidden files under mounted filesystems

I have never heard of this before but someone at work here says there is a command to find files that are under currently mounted filesystems. Does anyone know what this command is and is it available on HP-UX? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
gvfs-rename(1)							   User Commands						    gvfs-rename(1)

NAME
gvfs-rename - change the name of a file or directory using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gvfs-rename source-URI new-name DESCRIPTION
gvfs-rename changes the name of a file or directory, using the virtual file system. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: source-URI Specifies the source file location in standard URI format. new-name Specifies the new name for file or directory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Rename a Local HTML File example% gvfs-rename file:///home/user/index.html file:///home/user/index.html.old ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gvfs-rename Executable to rename a file using the GVFS library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-gvfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gvfs-cat(1), gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-move(1), gvfs-info(1), gvfs-less(1), gvfs-ls(1), gvfs-mkdir(1) gvfs-monitor-dir(1), gvfs-monitor-file(1), gvfs-mount(1), gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-open(1), gvfs-rm(1), gvfs-save(1), gvfs-trash(1), gvfs-tree(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Alvaro Lopez Ortega, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 30 May 2008 gvfs-rename(1)