Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers newbie problem with enviroment Post 98672 by alien12 on Thursday 9th of February 2006 10:53:11 PM
Old 02-09-2006
newbie problem with enviroment

Hi I've written a a script on box A that ssh's into box B and runs another script. If I run the script on box B it works. However when I run my ssh script (public key setup so no passwd required) it fails with "The WSB_HOME environment variable is not defined". Checked wapuser1 .profile on box B and all seems ok. I'm sure there is a simple explanation for this but setting up enviroment variables was never my strong point.

Scripts as follows.

#!/bin/sh

for pped in 03 04 05 06
do
ssh -l wapuser1 auumpp0pr$pped /home/wapuser1/scripts/wsb_start
done

Thnxs in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie problem please help

I am running a sun enterpirse 420 r with solaris 7 on it . I have a mount that is at 100 percent. It is running oracle on it., not sure version. i cant seen to find what is taking up all the space. is there a ls comand that will tell me the size of a directory and all sub folders in it. or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thump
2 Replies

2. Solaris

PerfMeter problem(a newbie one)

Hi, I'm new to Solaris, and I'm using an Old ULTRA-5, with Solaris 8, all the instalation went just fine, after a lot of trouble I was finally able to change the hostname, usign DHCP, and now, I have another problem. I was removing the packages I didn't wanted, and I think I accidently removed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie problem

hi, I want to clarify this matter for a long time so here I come, I seen people use if ] or if or if (( some condition )) exactly what are the difference? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A newbie with a problem in A date Script

Hello everybody... I'm a Unix newbie and i just got this task at work to figure out what's wrong with a daily script my team is using. The idea behind the script is that it takes the day before in a yyyymmdd format, find files with that date in a specific directory and executes an (irrelavant)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adija
4 Replies

5. Programming

newbie problem

Im new to gcc, vim etc... and I've been trying a simple hello world program and every time I try to compile any C program I get the following error message test.c :1:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory test.c : In function 'main': test.c :5: warning: incompatible implicit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowFish@ubuntu
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

Newbie: HP-UX installation problem

I recently bought myself a HP Visualize c3750 specifically to try out HP-UX (which I have never really used), I got it with a CD set of HP-UX 11 that I boot the machine from to install. I have no gfx adapter in the machine so I run an IBM InfoWindow II 3153 serial terminal attached to serial 1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

join -t problem (newbie)

Been tearing my hair out trying to work out how to make the -t option in the join command work. Joining two files on col 1; columns in both files are separated by tabs. file1: 2010/02/01-00:00 10.63 2010/02/01-00:06 10.63 2010/02/01-00:12 10.61 2010/02/01-00:18 10.58 (there are LOTS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsterman
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting newbie problem

I am trying to create a shell script similar to ls, but which only lists directories. I have the first half working (no argument version), but trying to make it accept an argument, I am failing. My logic is sound I think, but I'm missing something on the syntax, I'm guessing in the bolded line? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tibor63
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple problem for a newbie

I am trying to find a way to display just sudoers, passwd and shadow files without the extensions.. Thank you for any suggestions ls -lrt /etc | egrep 'sudoers|passwd|group|shadow' -r-------- 1 root root 1338 Oct 31 2006 shadow.sav -r-------- 1 root root 5191... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem

Hi. I'm new to shell script and i have a problem My code ssh $i df -h|grep -ve Use | awk '{ if ( substr( $5, 1, length($5) - 1) > 80 ) echo -n "-----\n"$5" "$6 ; else echo -n "------\nOK!" }' | sort -uThe problem is : for example, if the %Use is ( 78;81 ), the scripts will print both "78"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project