Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to the prof/gprof tool
Top Forums Programming How to the prof/gprof tool Post 90837 by jim mcnamara on Monday 28th of November 2005 10:01:29 AM
Old 11-28-2005
I don't know what the -x option does, it's not an option I've ever seen, that I can recall.

Normally -pg does:
1. inserts the names of all of the symbols into the output file (image file)
2. add monitor code (see monitor.h)
3. links the image statically - that is, it puts all of the code into the image file instead of having the code open libraries at run time. Called a static link.

First off try it without the "x". If that fails, then you may be missing the usr/lib/libc.a file - the one used to link statically. If you can see the file and you are using gcc (gprof) then check for the existence of the file: /usr/lib/libgprof32.* <- this assumes you are not on Linux.

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 11-28-2005 at 11:07 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux SuSe 7.2 prof

does someone know the requierements for this OS?!? i installed it on an AMD 850 with 256MB then i tried to install it on an AMD 500 with 64MB, and it doesnt work :( it says, during starting the system, unable to mount /root in 3a:00! i cant go into install, recue or anything else! i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Distributer
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Tool top

Hi @all, I have some SUN boxes running. Now I'm looking for the tool "top". Where can I find it? As I could see it is not installed on sys boxes. Thanx and regards daemon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daemon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

CD burning tool

Im looking for any GUI Based burner to work under sun solaris 10, any ideas > (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
7 Replies

4. AIX

Nmon tool

How to analyze nmon output or is there any tool for analyzing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

5. Solaris

sar tool

Hi All, I have come through this very nice tool which stores the week performance stats in solaris, but its only stores the stats for 8 in the morning to 5 in the evening. i want to extend the facility to work 24 hrs . Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azs0309
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Chronicle tool

Hi all, Any one know about the chronicle tool. I came to know which is a scheduler tool. If u know any links regarding this please let me know. Regards Saravan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Fedora Windows XP Prof dual boot

Faced with a "learn the new platform at your own expense or lose your job" ultimatum, I bought a Maxtor internal HD and added it to my older HP desktop which had been upgraded from Windows to Windows Professional. I installed Fedora on the new 500 GB HD and tried putting the Fedora boot partition... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba18
5 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

LogAnalysis Tool

Hello Due to my semester project I am searching a LogAnalysis Tool for Linux platforms. The tool should offer following functionalities: - support Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS - analyse as much as possible system logs - deployable for >100 servers - central administration on one host (preferable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xava
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XWindow Tool

Hi Guys can any one help me in this regard .. I'm using Reflaction and xManager but I want list of another xWindow tools between Unix and Windows .. Pls advice .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: top.level
1 Replies
cc(1B)						     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						    cc(1B)

NAME
cc - C compiler SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/cc is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C compiler. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc to the C compiler. The /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc link is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. The /usr/ucb/cc interface is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/acc.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
The /usr/ucb/cc interface accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directo- ries for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld and /usr/lib. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful compilation or link edit. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/ccs/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The -Y P, dir option may have unexpected results and should not be used. SunOS 5.11 24 Feb 1998 cc(1B)