Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hyperterminal
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hyperterminal Post 8994 by jerzey4life on Saturday 20th of October 2001 09:42:27 PM
Old 10-20-2001
try tera term its free, and not bad at all

the only problem with it is that you have to type the hostname every time you want to connect to something...

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html

jerzey

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hyperterminal null modem connection to Solaris

I am new to Unix. I just got my SUN box from ebay with Solaris supposedly preloaded. The problem is I am unable to connect via Hyperterminal to Solaris, or more to the point, cannot tell if I have a successful connection and that solaris is the one not properly booted up. I hooked up a null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seethams
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Hyperterminal

Hi all, I currently have my WinXP machine connected to my Sun server via serial cable then hyperterminal. I would like to connect my Solaris 10 machine to the server via serial cable but there doesn't appear to be a hyperterminal application included with Solaris 10. Anyone know of a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bad-ash
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hyperterminal problems

Im trying to log in to a Sun Ultra5 using a serial cable connected to a Window 2000's box running hyperterminal. When the machine boots up, I can see the output on the hyperterminal screen but the keyboard doesnt seem to work properly, preventing me from typing in the root password. Can anyone... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: blakmk
15 Replies

4. Solaris

hyperterminal serial solaris 8

Hi All, I connected my serial connection to the installation of solaris 8 and sorry to tell you I use XP/hyperterminal, don't get mad on me... I might use ubuntu later. When I'm installing it, it's ask me below: What type of terminal are you using? 1) ANSI Standard CRT 2) DEC VT52 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

5. Solaris

conecting to t5120 with hyperterminal....

greetings. im a very new user to solaris (and to servers for that matter) and i need to conect to a t5120 sun server, i tried using the SER-MGT port on the back of the server, then to a rj-45/db-9 adaptor, and to a serial-usb adaptor (my laptop doesn't have a com port). when i try to conect with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklilith
2 Replies

6. Solaris

No prompt from Solaris to WinXP Hyperterminal

hi I am new to unix and have found a SPARCstation 5 in the shed. I'm told by my father that it was working when it was put there about 8 years ago. It seems to boot up and makes all the right noises, both discs appear to make a noise, the keyboard lights flash etc., etc., but i can't seem to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harrystrickland
2 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD