Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SED.EXE Bug?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SED.EXE Bug? Post 8695 by sskb on Tuesday 16th of October 2001 06:09:47 PM
Old 10-16-2001
can u tell what OS u r working on?
Smilie
it seems like MSDOS or Windows to me!
sskb

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.exe file

Hello all, how to run windows .exe file in Linux and vice the versa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed bug in OS X?

I've been playing around with sed for a few days now and find that regular expressions never work inside sed s/// on Mac OS 10.2.5. Has anyone else bumped up against this problem? For example, the "sed" segment of the following always fails no matter how items are escaped: cd... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktoz
12 Replies

3. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

4. SuSE

does exe

does exe files works withe suse am new n linux system and were can i find msn 4 linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulla
2 Replies

5. Linux

How to run .exe

Hai, is there any way to run an .exe file in unix environment . i have read that WINE HQ supports this concept but its very inconsistent and upto the user risk . but i tried WINE but iam not able to configure it can any one help me in this matter Regards Sanju (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.exe files

how to open .exe file in freebsd system.My work is to run a growth.exe(created by growth.c turbo c 3.0 file).how to run that exe file in freebsd system?Thanks in advance help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
8 Replies

7. Programming

exe

Is it possible to extract c program,from its executable file(.exe)? i mean we dont have program but its exe file only which runs,can we retrieve the program? if yes how? if no why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown9
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to build .exe from c

All, I have never comipled C code before and would appricaite if anyone could tell me how to build a .exe from a C program. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

9. Programming

exe

hello everyone, could somebody tell me where can i find some good exercises on signals,processes and threads? actually i need to find some solved exercises in system programming. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: micy
4 Replies
MTOOLS(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MTOOLS(1)

NAME
Mtools - a collection of tools for manipulating MSDOS files SYNOPSIS
mattrib - change MSDOS file attribute flags mcd - change MSDOS directory mcopy - copy MSDOS files to/from Unix mdel - delete an MSDOS file mdir - display an MSDOS directory mformat - add an MSDOS filesystem to a low-level formatted diskette mlabel - make an MSDOS volume label mmd - make an MSDOS subdirectory mrd - remove an MSDOS subdirectory mread - low level read (copy) an MSDOS file to Unix mren - rename an existing MSDOS file mtype - display contents of an MSDOS file mwrite - low level write (copy) a Unix file to MSDOS DESCRIPTION
Mtools is a public domain collection of programs to allow Unix systems to read, write, and manipulate files on an MSDOS filesystem (typi- cally a diskette). Each program attempts to emulate the MSDOS equivalent command as closely as practical. MSDOS filenames are optionally composed of a drive letter followed by a colon, a subdirectory, and a filename. Subdirectory names can use either the '/' or '' separator. The use of the '' separator or wildcards will require the names to be enclosed in quotes to protect them from the shell. The regular expression "pattern matching" routines follow the Unix-style rules. For example, '*' matches all MSDOS files in lieu of '*.*'. The archive, hidden, read-only and system attribute bits are ignored during pattern matching. All options use the '-' (minus) flag, not '/' as you'd expect in MSDOS. The mcd command is used to establish the device and the current working directory (relative to the MSDOS filesystem), otherwise the default is assumed to be A:/. SEE ALSO
mattrib(1), mcd(1), mdel(1), mformat(1), mrd(1), mren(1), mtype(1), mcopy(1), mdir(1), mlabel(1), mmd(1), mread(1), mwrite(1) BUGS
An unfortunate side effect of not guessing the proper device (when multiple disk capacities are supported) is an occasional error message from the device driver. These can be safely ignored. local MTOOLS(1)