Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux SuSe 7.2 prof
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux SuSe 7.2 prof Post 8528 by Distributer on Saturday 13th of October 2001 09:53:29 AM
Old 10-13-2001
Question Linux SuSe 7.2 prof

does someone know the requierements for this OS?!?

i installed it on an AMD 850 with 256MB
then i tried to install it on an AMD 500 with 64MB, and it doesnt work Smilie

it says, during starting the system, unable to mount /root in 3a:00!

i cant go into install, recue or anything else!

i think its a problem of memory! what do u think about it?
on the suse-support site i cant find it!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to the prof/gprof tool

Hello everyone I want to use the standard Unix prof/gprof tool for my application but I cannot get through the compilation part. I have add the -xpg option in my makefile as specified in the cc man page but the linker gives me the following error: ***************************************... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Fedora Windows XP Prof dual boot

Faced with a "learn the new platform at your own expense or lose your job" ultimatum, I bought a Maxtor internal HD and added it to my older HP desktop which had been upgraded from Windows to Windows Professional. I installed Fedora on the new 500 GB HD and tried putting the Fedora boot partition... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba18
5 Replies

4. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies
AMDPM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  AMDPM(4)

NAME
amdpm -- AMD 756/766/768/8111 Power Management controller driver SYNOPSIS
device smbus device smb device amdpm DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to AMD 756/766/768/8111 Power management controllers. Currently, only the SMBus 1.0 controller function is implemented. The SMBus 2.0 functionality of the AMD 8111 controller is supported via the amdsmb(4) driver. The embedded SMBus controller of the AMD 756 chipset may give you access to the monitoring facilities of your mainboard. See smb(4) for writing user code to fetch voltages, temperature and so on from the monitoring chip of your mainboard. SEE ALSO
amdsmb(4), smb(4), smbus(4) HISTORY
The amdpm driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.5. AUTHORS
This driver was written by Matthew C. Forman. Based heavily on the alpm driver by Nicolas Souchu. This manual page was written by Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Only polling mode is supported. BSD
December 31, 2005 BSD