Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart from linux problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Jumpstart from linux problem Post 82802 by reborg on Tuesday 6th of September 2005 05:39:46 PM
Old 09-06-2005
I seem to recall that the linux -> Solaris NFS has problems during jumpstart, I'll have look and see if I still have any information about it, but while waiting I suggest you google, there are some good references about this out there.

By the way I also think I remember something about needing to reverse the byte endian mode for NFS on the Linux side to get it to work reliably, but that could just be a confusion on my part.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JumpStart

Hi, Which sites have general information on JumpStart for Solaris 8? I would like to know more about boot server, installation server, and configuration server.... and all other good things about JumpStart....Thanks..:p Doo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JUmpstart on a pc

HI. i was wondering if you can jumpstart using the solaris intel platform? please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Jumpstart installation problem.

We are installing Solaris 9 with Jumpstart ...facing problems.. Problem is .it is prompting for questions, even though we set the Sysidcfg and class files properly. when we give "boot net - install" at OK prompt, it is coming till "The system is coming up. Please wait" After that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Problem

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for reading my thread. I am not very familiar with Unix so please bear with me if I say anything stupid. I have a SunFire V100 server with Solaris 8, which I made into a Boot/Install/Profile server. Recently, I re-install the V100 box with Solaris 10. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cityshrimp
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Problem

Hi, I build a jumpstart server with a running dhcp server. I already managed to install a x86 client via network. But my sparc clients aren't still working. When booting via network I get the following message: Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet I ran "snoop" on the server: client2 ->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jay_Fisi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

7. Solaris

tftp Problem during Jumpstart

Hi, I have a V240 Solaris 10 (06.06) with a Solaris image of 08.07 (newest release). On the jumpstart server I have also installed JET for testing. Client was setup using the JET utilities. jade = jumpstart server phoebus = client (MAC: 0:3:ba:9e:6f:2d IP:192.168.58.121 ) When I now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ironhead
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Jumpstart with image problem

Hello, I did this perfectly fine with S10Update3. But with S10Update4 something is strange a) For some reason when I am moving to Update 4, it keeps prompting for name service etc etc. But this goes away if I give nfs4_domain=dynamic in the sysidcfg file. This was not happening for Update3. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naanu
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in configuring jumpstart installation

I am trying to configuring jumpstart configuration. Please find below sysidcfg configuration file output bash-3.2# cat sysidcfg terminal=vt100 network_interface=nxge0 { primary hostname=sun1 ip_address=192.168.11.10 \ protocol_ipv6=no netmask=255.255.255.0 default_route=192.168.11.7}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Jumpstart and Linux NFS

A simple question about nfs and jumpstart ,i setup server (all on linux) tftp ok # boot and reach menu grub,and start nfs not ok i did /export/solaris 192.168.0.0/24(ro,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0) and on solaris i put config with sysidcfg,profile,etc When solaris boot from net it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
PARTX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  PARTX(8)

NAME
partx - telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. SYNOPSIS
partx [-a|-d|-l] [--type TYPE] [--nr M-N] [partition] disk DESCRIPTION
Given a block device ( disk ) and a partition table type , try to parse the partition table, and list the contents. Optionally add or remove partitions. This is not an fdisk - adding and removing partitions is not a change of the disk, but just telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. OPTIONS
-a add specified partitions or read disk and add all partitions -d delete specified or all partitions -l list partitions. Note that the all numbers are in 512-byte sectors. --type TYPE Specify the partition type -- dos, bsd, solaris, unixware or gpt. --nr M-N Specify the range of partitions (e.g --nr 2-4). SEE ALSO
addpart(8), delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8) AVAILABILITY
The partx command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. 11 Jan 2007 PARTX(8)