Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers OpenBSD Ftp permissions problems - help!! Post 81665 by Andy68man on Tuesday 23rd of August 2005 05:55:54 AM
Old 08-23-2005
Computer

Ok think I have sorted it now, found I only had to change inetd.conf to read:

ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.ftpd -u 007

And then restart the inetd. Now everything works fine!

Thanks to all for reading!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp permissions error

HI, I am not really even a newbie I'm just posing as one until our sys admin gets back from vacation. I am getting errors downloading certain files from an NT Server onto our inhouse Unix fileserver. Certain files always return errors when downloading to their proper directory.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie10
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp file with full permissions

I am running sco openserver 5.0.6 and I was wondering if I could ftp files to one of my other servers and that file have full permissions set automatically on the new server. I have searched the internet and manned chmod chown and ftp but they only seem to talk about giving the permissions after... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

FTP user files permissions problems!!!

Hi, I have a problem with my ftp accounts whereby if any external ftp party connects to our server and puts any file in a directory on our server. The file permissons are always -rw-r----- and no read for others. I have adjusted the ftp user .profile to include 'umask 022' but this only works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Permissions

Hi Guys, I am trying to grant FTP acccess to my server for a WebDesigner to be able to upload live and see how it looks online. I created a new user (WebDes:tomcatUsers) and created his home dir as /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/uPhoto/ and then made sure he CHROOT's to his home dir so he only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boarderstu
1 Replies

5. AIX

FTP file permissions

Hi all, I am using ftp command to transfer a file from one AIX5.3 box to different box with the same OS level. Is there a way I could change the permissions on the file once its transferred, as I am automating the process but the file permissions on the target does not allow other users to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permissions on ftp...

hi, how can I see permissions through ftp connection ? I can't see them using "ls -l" as in the local system.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions Issues FTP server

Hi all, Quick question, im going to find this a bit hard to explain but ill give it a go. Basically i have an admin account on an FTP server that i want to be able to control ALL files without having to use sudo (as i need to run cron scripts to move files that are owned by a number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
2 Replies

8. BSD

OpenBSD pf problems

I am having troubles with this pf configuration, it seems when loaded nothing can access my server on the internal interface for the LAN, I cannot see why, and it's pretty much based off the very standard example in the OpenBSD faq. When I unload the configuration, I can access the DNS server on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP loses write permissions

Hi Guys, i have learned today that when you ftp a file with full write permissions (777) to another destination it loses the w options. so a file that was once -rwxrwxrwx(before FTP) is now -rw-r--r-- (after FTP). why does this happen? and is it configurable? Regards, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Qemu Problems: OpenBSD(host) Kali Linux(guest)

As the title suggests I ran into a little problem trying to create a virtual machine of Kali Linux usign Qemu inside OpenBSD. I edited the example Kali Linux gave on their website here to the following for BSD: qemu-system-i386 -hda ./kali.qcow2 -boot d -cdrom ./kali-linux-1.0.5-i386.iso -m... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies
sredird(8)							      sredird								sredird(8)

NAME
sredird - RFC 2217 serial port server SYNOPSIS
sredird [-i] log-level serial-device lock-file [poll-interval] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the sredird, program. This program when run through inetd will use the RFC 2217 extensions to TELNET to implement serial commands over the TCP connection and interface to a specified serial port. OPTIONS
An optional first parameter is '-i' to enable compatability with Cisco IOS. The first mandatory parameter is the log level for use in syslog. The next mandatory parameter is the device node for the serial device, it must be a fully qualified path. The final mandatory parameter is the file name for the lock file to be used to prevent multiple instances of sredird from talking to the serial port at the same time, or to allow sharing a port between modem and sredird. EXAMPLE
Here is a configuration line for running it from inetd: sredir stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/sredird 5 /dev/modem /var/lock/LCK..modem AUTHOR
This man page was written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. May be freely used and distributed without restriction under the terms of the GPL. The sredird program was written by Denis Sbragion <d.sbragion@infotecna.it> and Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@columbia.edu>. Russell Coker <;russell@coker.com.au> 2.2.0 sredird(8)