Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file wont remove
Operating Systems Solaris file wont remove Post 74432 by csaunders on Thursday 9th of June 2005 02:39:41 PM
Old 06-09-2005
yoru the man, thanks!(uhh err woman, err i dont know) your the person!!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache wont start

Hi, like a lot of people that post here, I am new at UNIX. The only UNIX I have ever messed with is my iBook running MacOSX (10.1). I have a grasp of the basic commands and understanding of the system but only to a point. I searched the archive and FreeBSD.org and apache.org but I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alpha_Harblo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor wont come on...

I know this may not be the right forum, but here goes. Last night I was playing my favorite game Everquest and my monitor goes blank... I was able to save out of my game and shut it down... My question is this: I thought my monitor had died but this morning I was able to get it to come back... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris has a lot of bugs, fstream wont write to file correctly!

I've got a c++ program that works fine on Linux, compiles on Solaris fine with g++, but will not write to a fstream correctly in a class object. And I've run into numerous other bugs in the disk management. Jon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

head command wont work on MF file

I am trying to do a head on a mainframe file and on doing ti just gives me a blank screen with nothing on it. however, when i do a tail for the same file...i get a few lines on the screen. i know tht mainframe files have all the records on one line...does this have to do something with this.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xwindows wont start

I have one machince where X crashes with some weird error on boot... Fatal server error: Cannot move old logfile "/var/log/XFree86.0.log.old" This is running redhat enterprise ES 3, I cant figure out how to get past this error. I have tried deleting the logfiles and recreating them, however... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file wont execute

sh filename and it gives me an error saying the file doesnt exist but it definately does. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iago
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Wont boot

I am new to HP-UX. I have a external SCSI drive with HP-UX on it. I was trying to clone it to another external scsi drive. I added the new drive to existing LVM. Then I used dd command. But it failed with I/O error. Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: forhad
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ypbind wont bind?

Well one problem down and another just pops up. I run ypbind and I see Starting NIS service: Binding NIS service: Shutting down NIS service: To my knowledge everything is configured properly. I ran tcpdump on the machine running ypserv to see... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

emacs wont run

hi i keep getting this error message when i try and run emacs: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: pthread_mutex_init (code) from ./emacs Abort any ideas? thanks ed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deusprogrammer
4 Replies
CHECK_INT32_ADD(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					CHECK_INT32_ADD(3)

NAME
check_int32_add, check_uint32_add, check_int64_add, check_uint64_add, check_int32_sub, check_uint32_sub, check_int64_sub, check_uint64_sub, check_int32_mul, check_uint32_mul, check_int64_mul, check_uint64_mul, check_int32_div, check_uint32_div, check_int64_div, check_uint64_div, -- detect overflow in arithmetic SYNOPSIS
#include <checkint.h> int32_t check_int32_add(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_add(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_add(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_add(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_sub(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_sub(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_sub(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_sub(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_mul(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_mul(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_mul(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_mul(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_div(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_div(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_div(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_div(int x, int y, int *err); DESCRIPTION
The check_<type>_<operation>(x, y, err) family of functions perform the specified arithmetic operation (addition, subtraction, multiplica- tion, or division) with the left operand of x and right operand of y and return the arithmetic result with the specified type. Either operand x or y (or both) can be of any type that is compatible to signed or unsigned 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit integers. The err argument is or'ed by flags in the function to indicate if an overflow has occurred. The possible flag values are: CHECKINT_NO_ERROR no overflow has occurred CHECKINT_OVERFLOW_ERROR overflow has occurred CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR operand is of an incompatible type The err argument is not cleared in calls to the check_<type>_<operation>(x, y, err) functions. Detected overflow persists in the err argu- ment until err is reset to CHECKINT_NO_ERROR. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the check_<type>_<operation>() functions will return the arithmetic result of performing the operation with left operand x and right operand y (even when overflow error occurs). If any other error occurs, the return value is -1 and the argument err will be set to indicate the error. EXAMPLES
/* Create a variable to store overflow flag */ int32_t err = CHECKINT_NO_ERROR; /* Use checkint API to perform an arithmetic operation and * store result in variable. */ int32_t arithmetic_result = check_int32_add(UINT_MAX, 1, &err); /* Check status of overflow flag */ if (err & CHECKINT_OVERFLOW_ERROR) { /* Perform overflow resolution code */ fprintf(stderr, "Overflow detected! "); } /* Check for type error */ else if (err & CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR) { /* Deal with incompatible types error */ fprintf(stderr, "Incompatible types! "); } /* Reset overflow flag for next operation */ err = CHECKINT_NO_ERROR; ERRORS
The check_<type>_<operation>() functions may fail if: [CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR] operand is of an incompatible type HISTORY
The checkint() API was introduced in Mac OS X 10.5. BSD
April 20, 2007 BSD