Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: a list of number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting a list of number Post 60532 by whatisthis on Tuesday 18th of January 2005 11:53:08 AM
Old 01-18-2005
range of list

zazzybob,
Hi it's working!
Thank you very much!

Can you explain a little bit on the command below with the bold text ?
echo "$1" | egrep '(0[1-9]|1[0-9]|2[0-4])'

What do them mean in each position?

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of elements in Word list

Hello everyone, can anyone let me know if there is a way to get the count of elements in a word list that I use for a for loop in the way: for single_result in $results ; do ....... I know I can increment a counter in my for loop, but would there be a way to know the total number of elements in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: list with ordinal number

Could somebody solve this problem? I want to create a list from the last ten modificated files and the end of rows I would like to take an ordinal number in fix position. My solution: ls -lt | grep ´^-´ | sed 10q | awk ´{printf "%s\t%2i\n", %0, NR}´ But so the ordinal number isn't in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mig8
1 Replies

3. Solaris

list service with port number

Hi all, I want to list all service is running now with the specific port number (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharkux
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate a list of number

How can I generate a list of numbers and place all of these numbers in a line-by-line into a file. I am new to scripting actually. 0501000000 to 0509999999 i.e. 0501000000 0501000001 ...... 0509999999 set 02 0551000000 to 0559999999 i.e. 0551000000 0551000001 ...... 0559999999 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list number of files through Crontab?

Hello All, I am trying to put this line in Crontab (Linux box- x86_64), but the command is not running. Can you please help me out? My requirement is- To find out the number of .csv files older than 1 day in directory /stage/landing. There are 2 other subdirectories under this directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get Port number alone from the list

~]#netstat -vatn | grep LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:34895 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 192.168.122.1:53 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding number of strings in List

I have a list of strings stored in $Lst Example set Lst = "John Fred Kate Paul" I want to return 4 in this case. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get number of elements in a list

Hi all I would like to know the number of elements in a list. $list=`ls xyz*` I want to get the number of files xyz* in the folder. Anybody please help!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VidyaVenugopal
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the last part of a number list

Hi , i have a file wich have 50+ of numbers like : 0.014544106 0.005464263 0.014526045 0.005484374 0.014539412 0.005467600 0.014558349 0.005452185 i would like to display the list from the 6th bit to the end for example 0.005452185 (should become) 2185. I've tried with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with number to select based on number

Hi experts, I am using KSH and I am need to display file with number in front of file names and user can select it by entering the number. I am trying to use following command to display list with numbers. but I do not know how to capture number and identify what file it is to be used for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysocks
5 Replies
PREG_MATCH_ALL(3)							 1							 PREG_MATCH_ALL(3)

preg_match_all - Perform a global regular expression match

SYNOPSIS
int preg_match_all PREG_PATTERN_ORDER (string $pattern, string $subject, [array &$matches], [int $flags], [int $offset]) DESCRIPTION
Searches $subject for all matches to the regular expression given in $pattern and puts them in $matches in the order specified by $flags. After the first match is found, the subsequent searches are continued on from end of the last match. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The pattern to search for, as a string. o $subject - The input string. o $matches - Array of all matches in multi-dimensional array ordered according to $flags. o $flags - Can be a combination of the following flags (note that it doesn't make sense to use PREG_PATTERN_ORDER together with PREG_SET_ORDER): o PREG_PATTERN_ORDER - Orders results so that $matches[0] is an array of full pattern matches, $matches[1] is an array of strings matched by the first parenthesized subpattern, and so on. <?php preg_match_all("|<[^>]+>(.*)</[^>]+>|U", "<b>example: </b><div align=left>this is a test</div>", $out, PREG_PATTERN_ORDER); echo $out[0][0] . ", " . $out[0][1] . " "; echo $out[1][0] . ", " . $out[1][1] . " "; ?> The above example will output: <b>example: </b>, <div align=left>this is a test</div> example: , this is a test So, $out[0] contains array of strings that matched full pattern, and $out[1] contains array of strings enclosed by tags. o PREG_SET_ORDER - Orders results so that $matches[0] is an array of first set of matches, $matches[1] is an array of second set of matches, and so on. <?php preg_match_all("|<[^>]+>(.*)</[^>]+>|U", "<b>example: </b><div align="left">this is a test</div>", $out, PREG_SET_ORDER); echo $out[0][0] . ", " . $out[0][1] . " "; echo $out[1][0] . ", " . $out[1][1] . " "; ?> The above example will output: <b>example: </b>, example: <div align="left">this is a test</div>, this is a test o PREG_OFFSET_CAPTURE - If this flag is passed, for every occurring match the appendant string offset will also be returned. Note that this changes the value of $matches into an array where every element is an array consisting of the matched string at offset 0 and its string offset into $subject at offset 1. If no order flag is given, PREG_PATTERN_ORDER is assumed. o $offset - Normally, the search starts from the beginning of the subject string. The optional parameter $offset can be used to specify the alternate place from which to start the search (in bytes). Note Using $offset is not equivalent to passing substr($subject, $offset) to preg_match_all(3) in place of the subject string, because $pattern can contain assertions such as ^, $ or (?<=x). See preg_match(3) for examples. RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of full pattern matches (which might be zero), or FALSE if an error occurred. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The $matches parameter became optional. | | | | | 5.3.6 | | | | | | | Returns FALSE if $offset is higher than $subject | | | length. | | | | | 5.2.2 | | | | | | | Named subpatterns now accept the syntax | | | (?<name>) and (?'name') as well as (?P<name>). | | | Previous versions accepted only (?P<name>). | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Getting all phone numbers out of some text. <?php preg_match_all("/(? (d{3})? )? (?(1) [-s] ) d{3}-d{4}/x", "Call 555-1212 or 1-800-555-1212", $phones); ?> Example #2 Find matching HTML tags (greedy) <?php // The \2 is an example of backreferencing. This tells pcre that // it must match the second set of parentheses in the regular expression // itself, which would be the ([w]+) in this case. The extra backslash is // required because the string is in double quotes. $html = "<b>bold text</b><a href=howdy.html>click me</a>"; preg_match_all("/(<([w]+)[^>]*>)(.*?)(</\2>)/", $html, $matches, PREG_SET_ORDER); foreach ($matches as $val) { echo "matched: " . $val[0] . " "; echo "part 1: " . $val[1] . " "; echo "part 2: " . $val[2] . " "; echo "part 3: " . $val[3] . " "; echo "part 4: " . $val[4] . " "; } ?> The above example will output: matched: <b>bold text</b> part 1: <b> part 2: b part 3: bold text part 4: </b> matched: <a href=howdy.html>click me</a> part 1: <a href=howdy.html> part 2: a part 3: click me part 4: </a> Example #3 Using named subpattern <?php $str = <<<FOO a: 1 b: 2 c: 3 FOO; preg_match_all('/(?P<name>w+): (?P<digit>d+)/', $str, $matches); /* This also works in PHP 5.2.2 (PCRE 7.0) and later, however * the above form is recommended for backwards compatibility */ // preg_match_all('/(?<name>w+): (?<digit>d+)/', $str, $matches); print_r($matches); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => a: 1 [1] => b: 2 [2] => c: 3 ) [name] => Array ( [0] => a [1] => b [2] => c ) [1] => Array ( [0] => a [1] => b [2] => c ) [digit] => Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 2 [2] => 3 ) [2] => Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 2 [2] => 3 ) ) SEE ALSO
PCRE Patterns, preg_quote(3), preg_match(3), preg_replace(3), preg_split(3), preg_last_error(3). PHP Documentation Group PREG_MATCH_ALL(3)