Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I dial a number from the terminal window? Post 59709 by Perderabo on Wednesday 29th of December 2004 12:30:53 PM
Old 12-29-2004
I'm not a mac user, but there are typically programs called "cu" or "tip" to do this on most versions of unix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal 'Local Echo' lost on Modem Dial-out

Can anybody help me? I am developing a utility for automating message paging to a BT alphanumeric pager. I am using a USR 56K Fax-modem connected to /dev/cuab on a Sun Ultra-10. I am using the UNIX 'tip' utility to connect to the modem and I have configured the modem as follows: Baud Rate:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybeat
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Find and activate a terminal window

I am writing some java code to automate running an application on a Sun system. The application opens 9 terminal windows. Of those nine windows, I have to find two and give them focus long enough to send a keystroke. Since there seems to be no way to do this using java, is there a unix command I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmp1jrv
0 Replies

3. SCO

Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6.

Friends, I am facing a problem in connecting two SCO Openserver 5.0.6 servers through Dial-Up connectivity as is done in the case of two Windows PCs. Please help me out with the following problems: (a) How to configure the modem? (b) How to setup a Dial-In connection? (c) How to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming terminal window titlebar

Could someone please inform me of how to permanently change the titlebar name in terminal windows on solaris. I know how to do the xterm and all that but I need it so anytime anyone opens the terminal window it says something i want it too instead of "terminal". Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amason0508
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

help with linux terminal window

Hello! I need to create a file and provide access to two users of the file under the same command in linuxs terminal window. The question is how can I do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Messe
3 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Terminal window unknown ?

Hi all I haven't worked much in the terminal window until recently as I'm trying to install the Imagemagick package, it's not going well but thats another matter. I'm worried now that I might have done something wrong. When I open the terminal window now I get unknown-e0-f8-47-0d-1b-02:~... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ttmt
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid error on terminal window!

Hi Guys, I am using simple ls command to find out whether the dir exist there or not. If dir found than remove. But the problem is I don't want the error shown on the terminal window that "dir not found" on the terminal window everytime i execute it. The code I am using is: set x = `/bin/ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to dial specific number using ppp

Hi all, I'm working on ppp establishment. When I tried calling a number using ppp, I could establish a PPP connection successfully. But, when I tried calling another ISP number, it is asking for authentication details whereas that is not the case with the other number. It throws an error saying... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
bt-input(1)							    bluez-tools 						       bt-input(1)

NAME
bt-input - a bluetooth input manager SYNOPSIS
bt-input [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect=<name|mac> -d, --disconnect=<name|mac> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage outgoing input (HID) service connections. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> Connect to the input device -d, --disconnect <name|mac> Disconnect from the input device AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-11 bt-input(1)