Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX find command using -mmin param Post 57968 by dozy on Thursday 11th of November 2004 04:40:56 AM
Old 11-11-2004
well i knew the date so used (find . -mtime "days ago"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no [find -mmin -1]

I wanna show all files like...one minute old, one hour old, five hours old and so on... in my OS (HP-UX) there's only the command .. find -name "..." -mtime -n but this is only for days, there isn't something like -mmin -n ...just don't know what to do. also the newer than option isn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command param subst to reg expression

I want to find out Row which starts with, the user specified details to a script. In general I know what command to be given. awk '$0~/^Vi/' BReject But I need to pass on $1 param of command line at the place of 'Vi'. I tried with -v subst=$1 awk -v subst=$1 '$0~/^subst/' BReject But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command mmin issue

hi, Function 'mmin' is not in my unix, what is the other alternative to find files created/modified in last 10 minutes. Unix Command: find . -min -10 find: bad option -min find: path-list predicate-list Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohee
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Any alternative of find . -mmin 20

hi find command is not working with -mmin in Solaris Os. Do we hav any alternative to find the modified file in any specified time span ( suppose in last 1- 2 hours) Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix find command without mmin option

I need to check if a file has been modified within the last x hours. My find command does not have the mmin option -- only the mtime option which is in 24 hour perriods (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bill Ma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find –mmin in a .ksh script

I need to compare the time a file was last modified against current time and conditionally proceed. At the command prompt I can do: find MYFILE -mmin +1140 and it lists the file. But I need to test, and if true do something I’ve tried things like: if ; then if ; then etc. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlavoie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

-$arg not working for find mmin

Hi, I want to parameterise the argument for 'mmin' to find out files created/edited 'n' minutes ago. For this i have written something as simple as the following: n=10 m=-1 c=expr $n \* $m #value comes to -10 when echoed find -mmin -10 #works find -mmin $c #doesnt work ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SheetalN
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find mmin, mtime, cmin not working

Dear All, We are having the script which is creating the folder on another server if it is not present using ssh. Using scp it copies copy all pdf files from local folder to server folder. After all copy is done, Just to verify i was using the below find command find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file Details with find -mmin

I'm new to this and I have done a lot of research and am 99% done with my ksh script BUT I need help with. The script looks at Journal files and reports back on any that have not been updated for 15 min. Everything works but I wanted more detail (added -ls) and now I'm getting dups. Original code:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopz
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command mmin

Hi, Please tell me what the below command wil do, according to my understanding it finds files in the current and sub directories whose modification time is 5 hrs and it dont zip the already zipped files who's size is more than 4K. Am I Correct? find . -type f -mmin +300 ! -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies
sane-find-scanner(1)					      General Commands Manual					      sane-find-scanner(1)

NAME
sane-find-scanner - find SCSI and USB scanners and their device files SYNOPSIS
sane-find-scanner [-h|-?] [-v] [-q] [-f] [devname] DESCRIPTION
sane-find-scanner is a command-line tool to find SCSI and some USB scanners and determine their Unix device files. It's part of the sane- backends package. For SCSI scanners, it checks the default generic SCSI device files (e.g., /dev/sg0) and /dev/scanner. The test is done by sending a SCSI inquiry command and looking for a device type of "scanner" or "processor" (some old HP scanners seem to send "processor"). So sane-find- scanner will find any SCSI scanner connected to those default device files even if it isn't supported by any SANE backend. For USB scanners, first the USB kernel scanner device files (e.g. /dev/usb/scanner0), /dev/usb/scanner, and /dev/usbscanner are tested. The files are opened and the vendor and device ids are determined if the operating system supports this feature. Currently USB scanners are only found this way if they are supported by the Linux scanner module or the FreeBSD or OpenBSD uscanner driver. After that test, sane- find-scanner tries to scan for USB devices found by the USB library libusb (if available). There is no special USB class for scanners, so the heuristics used to distinguish scanners from other USB devices is not perfect. sane-find-scanner will even find USB scanners, that are not supported by any SANE backend. sane-find-scanner won't find parallel port scanners, or scanners connected to proprietary ports. OPTIONS
-h, -? Prints a short usage message. -v Verbose output. If used once, sane-find-scanner shows every device name and the test result. If used twice, SCSI inquiry informa- tion and the USB device descriptors are also printed. -q Be quiet. Print only the devices, no comments. -f Force opening all explicitely given devices as SCSI and USB devices. That's useful if sane-find-scanner is wrong in determing the device type. devname Test device file "devname". No other devices are checked if devname is given. EXAMPLE
sane-find-scanner -v Check all SCSI and USB devices for available scanners and print a line for every device file. sane-find-scanner /dev/scanner Look for a (SCSI) scanner only at /dev/scanner and print the result. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5), sane-usb(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane-"backendname"(5) AUTHOR
Oliver Rauch, Henning Meier-Geinitz and others SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
USB support is limited to Linux (kernel, libusb), FreeBSD (kernel, libusb), NetBSD (libusb), OpenBSD (kernel, libusb). Detecting the vendor and device ids only works with Linux or libusb. SCSI support is available on Irix, EMX, Linux, Next, AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and HP-UX. BUGS
No support for parallel port scanners yet. 15 Sep 2002 sane-find-scanner(1)