Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Networking problem ?
Special Forums IP Networking Networking problem ? Post 56736 by zazzybob on Saturday 9th of October 2004 04:21:44 PM
Old 10-09-2004
This error message is probably the result of the telnet daemon (which listens on port 23) not running on the target machine.

Try using an ssh client to connect to the machine (which will use port 22) - if sshd is running on the target machine you'll be able to open a secure shell.

If you want telnet to run on the target machine, check its /etc/inetd.conf file and see if the telnetd line is commented out. If it is, uncomment, and send a SIGHUP to inetd. I'd suggest you use ssh (protocol 2) anyway, telnet isn't very secure at all!

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP networking.

In plain english what exactly is IP Networking? Can someone take the time to explain? please! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Networking

I've installed Mandrake 8.1 over the weekend as has someone else in my apartment house. We share a LAN between the apartment with three computers. I've managed to configure SAMBA and if the computers are on windows then we can see my comp. I can't see their comps though. Whenever I go to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kyphur
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Networking with Hub, & Sol 10 Problem

Unable to Ping network nodes Currently have two Solaris 10 servers connected via a dumb Hub. I'm unable to ping either box but they can ping themselves. I have double checked physical connections and the following files; /etc/hosts - verified that all devices are listed correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pham
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Need help with networking

I can't or i don't know how to put up a network and internet on sun solaris 10. I looked and found some stuff on forums around net but I'm missing a few files. Like, "defaultrouter", "resolve.conf", ping is not working ( host unreachable), my card is "lo0" when I use ifconfig -a comand. Should I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how ..........networking

hi everyone this is dipendra, i am interested in networking,i know simple socket programming . and now i am wonder to get in to audio socket. i have no clue how to build audio socket.so i am looking if u can provide me a link regarding the audio socket building tutorials. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipendra_regmi
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Networking Problem

Hi all, When I tried to restart the networking daemon, it stated this error: MyServer:/etc/init.d# ./networking restart Reconfiguring network interfaces...RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/route exited with return code 2 done. Please note that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris networking problem

e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.13.157.127 netmask ffffffc0 broadcast 10.135.151.191 ether 0:14:4f:a0:e3:3a e1000g1: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 8 inet 10.13.157.227 netmask ffffffc0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem of networking in centos

Hello, I am using dual boot of linux, one is ubuntu and the other is one is centos. I have three NIC's and only one of them connected with cable. The thing is that when I boot from the ubuntu, it does recognize it and I am connected to the Internet. When I boot from the centos I am not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
6 Replies

10. IP Networking

networking problem in virtual machine

Hi, I am running scientific linux guest on ubuntu host. The problem is that the guest machine doesn't have any ip except from the loopback. I want that the guest OS will be in the same local network of the host and not part of internal network that virtualbox create. In other words I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies
CURLOPT_CONNECT_TO(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					     CURLOPT_CONNECT_TO(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_CONNECT_TO - Connect to a specific host and port instead of the URL's host and port SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_CONNECT_TO, struct curl_slist *connect_to); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a linked list of strings with "connect to" information to use for establishing network connections with this handle. The linked list should be a fully valid list of struct curl_slist structs properly filled in. Use curl_slist_append(3) to create the list and curl_slist_free_all(3) to clean up an entire list. Each single string should be written using the format HOST:PORT:CONNECT-TO-HOST:CONNECT-TO-PORT where HOST is the host of the request, PORT is the port of the request, CONNECT-TO-HOST is the host name to connect to, and CONNECT-TO-PORT is the port to connect to. The first string that matches the request's host and port is used. Dotted numerical IP addresses are supported for HOST and CONNECT-TO-HOST. A numerical IPv6 address must be written within [brackets]. Any of the four values may be empty. When the HOST or PORT is empty, the host or port will always match (the request's host or port is ignored). When CONNECT-TO-HOST or CONNECT-TO-PORT is empty, the "connect to" feature will be disabled for the host or port, and the request's host or port will be used to establish the network connection. This option is suitable to direct the request at a specific server, e.g. at a specific cluster node in a cluster of servers. The "connect to" host and port are only used to establish the network connection. They do NOT affect the host and port that are used for TLS/SSL (e.g. SNI, certificate verification) or for the application protocols. In contrast to CURLOPT_RESOLVE(3), the option CURLOPT_CONNECT_TO(3) does not pre-populate the DNS cache and therefore it does not affect future transfers of other easy handles that have been added to the same multi handle. The "connect to" host and port are ignored if they are equal to the host and the port in the request URL, because connecting to the host and the port in the request URL is the default behavior. If an HTTP proxy is used for a request having a special "connect to" host or port, and the "connect to" host or port differs from the requests's host and port, the HTTP proxy is automatically switched to tunnel mode for this specific request. This is necessary because it is not possible to connect to a specific host or port in normal (non-tunnel) mode. When this option is passed to curl_easy_setopt(3), libcurl will not copy the entire list so you must keep it around until you no longer use this handle for a transfer before you call curl_slist_free_all(3) on the list. DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
CURL *curl; struct curl_slist *connect_to = NULL; connect_to = curl_slist_append(NULL, "example.com::server1.example.com:"); curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CONNECT_TO, connect_to); curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); curl_easy_perform(curl); /* always cleanup */ curl_easy_cleanup(curl); } curl_slist_free_all(connect_to); AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.49.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_URL(3), CURLOPT_RESOLVE(3), CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION(3), CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL(3), libcurl 7.54.0 May 20, 2016 CURLOPT_CONNECT_TO(3)