Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: openbsd : cannot login
Operating Systems BSD openbsd : cannot login Post 55742 by fnoyan on Saturday 18th of September 2004 12:34:13 PM
Old 09-18-2004
openbsd : cannot login

hi
OK. I don't know exactly what I did to system!
The system is OpenBSD 3.5.
It is 200MMX, 16MB ram 1.2 + 2.4 GB HDD. The system was running well. But a few days ago I try to unpack a big tar.gz file and the system uses most the cpu and ram for this. While the system unpacking the file I try to login from another tty and the system said to me
can login : acces denied
It didnt wait for password promt! Just after the "login: " prompt!
Then, when I complately logged out I couldn't login again up to now!
The system echos the message to the console
login : access denied
I started the system ưn single user mode but connot find the "login" command!
What is gonig on!?!! I am confused, and dnot know what to do...

Thanks....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help with openbsd 2.9

Please help. I have downloaded the openbsd 2.9 snapshot from ftp.openbsd.org. the following files were downloaded from the snapshot dir. ( the whole dir. was downloaded ) base29,bsd,bsd.rd,cdrom29.fs,cksum,comp29,etc29,all three floppy images,game29,index,install.ata,install.chs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenBSD as router?

Hi Right now, my computer is connected directly to the internet.. but I recently got another one, and now I want to use this to share my internet connection to the other one. The new one has openbsd installed.. How should I do? I also need to forward connections on some ports to my old... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
4 Replies

3. BSD

setting up OpenBSD 4.0

ok these questions may be a little silly but I just started using OpenBSD as I came from Linux... 1. How do I make my desktop in X all snazzy like, I have wallpapers that need to be used. while I admit it will mainly be used for things I wont need a wallpaper for, you just never know :p, im... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siphter
4 Replies

4. BSD

OpenBSD and wireless

I've just installed OpenBSD on my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T42) and since this is my first time with wireless networking in OpenBSD I'm a bit lost. What I would like to do is connect to a wireless network using WEP or WPA. Where do I place the key and essid? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmy66
3 Replies

5. BSD

RAIDing openbsd 4.2

Hello! Can anyone tell me how to make software RAID1 on openbsd 4.2. I try by some manuals but have no results.Maybe is somewhere good manual directly to openbsd 4.2 version? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kasparens
1 Replies

6. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

7. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question: Automatic launching of a CLI menu upon login (OpenBSD)

Hi all, I am OpenBSD newbie and currently need to manage some OpenBSD firewalls running pf. The OpenBSD version is 4.8 As the other sys admins are not so familiar with OpenBSD, so I have an idea across in my mind on how to minimize the root account usage and other unnecessary access and make... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
9 Replies

9. BSD

PF troubles on OpenBSD 5.0

I am setting up a system as an ADSL gateway. ADSL is working fine. PF is not forwarding for some reason. # ifconfig lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 33196 priority: 0 groups: lo inet6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

10. BSD

NFSD under OpenBSD

Hi all, I am having a following problem. Trying to run PXE boot server on my OpenBSD machine I have ended up on making NFSd daemon works. On all machines I get an error msg. nfsd : nfsd count is invalid: (null) no matter what computer I run it on. Everything works just well on FreeBSD and linux.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smoofy
1 Replies
ff_hfs(1M)																ff_hfs(1M)

NAME
ff_hfs: ff - list file names and statistics for HFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special ... DESCRIPTION
The command reads the i-list and directories of each special file special, assuming it to be an HFS file system, saving i-node data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the path name for each saved i-node, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in i-node order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line produced by contains the path name and i-number fields. With all options specified, the output fields include path name, i- number, size, and user ID. The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num, means less than num, and num means exactly num. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. lists only a single path name out of many possible ones for an i-node with more than one link, unless you specify the option. With applies no selection criteria to the names listed. All possible names for every linked file on the file system are included in the output. On very large file systems, memory may run out before completes execution. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: Select a file if the i-node has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the i-node has been changed in num days. Specify the HFS file system type. Generate names for any i-node specified in the inode-list. Do not display the i-node number after each path name. Generate a list of all path names for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with an i-node if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an i-node if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each path name. The default prefix is (dot). Write the file size, in bytes, after each path name. Write the owner's login name after each path name. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. EXAMPLES
List the path names and i-numbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of i-numbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified recently, displaying the path name, i-number, and owner's user name (the option). List only files that have been modified within the last two days (the option): List all files on the same file system, including the path name and i-number of each file, that was last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all path names associated with i-nodes and (the option): Execute the command on an HFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ff_vxfs(1M), ncheck(1M), fstab(4). ff_hfs(1M)