Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to serve or be served??
Special Forums IP Networking to serve or be served?? Post 52939 by RTM on Wednesday 30th of June 2004 08:40:09 AM
Old 06-30-2004
Putting NFS on the linux box would free up resources on your MAC but you have to understand which system uses these files the most - it may be that moving them will cause problems if the linux box were down, busy serving webpages or under a DOS attack. If the MAC must have the files then you are probably better off leaving them there.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX reomote serve

i am on win 2000 reomting into aix unix server, i need to copy a file from /tmp to my win 200 desktop, can anyone help with the command i need to use. also, if a want to view a file in this directory how do i open it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassanj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to take file from SAP server to local serve automatically

Hi, I have problem in writing the UNIX scripts,I have one SAP server and my local server .I want to take one file from SAP server to my local server weekly bases I want to write one UNIX scripts which will automatically takes that file from SAP server to my server.so I need not need to pull the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohsin22021987
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Symbol Links amongst Apache's served files, is this a security-don't?

I read somewhere that you should make sure Apache is configured to not allow symbolic links to be followed outside the webroot, as this can compromise security. I can imagine how this could lead to a security risk: eg: Is my assumption correct? -- Is it nothing more than: "its just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How Would You Like Your Loops Served Today?

Scrutinizer and i had a discussion about loops in shell scripts and you might be interested in joining in and share your experiences: i wrote an example script which basically employed the following logic: cat /some/file | while read var ; do echo var = $var # just do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
8 Replies

5. Web Development

I need apache to serve images from localhost instead of appserver

I have an apache/2.2.15 server centos 6.3 The apache server will be serving jboss app via mod_proxy (got that working) But... I need to serve the images from a local directory on the apache server. Here is my configuration. When I got to the site, I get 404s for all the images. What am I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmaq7621
5 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS backupios -mksysb - does it need to be served by a NIM server ?

working through VIOS backup options. Generally, we store mksysb's on a server and then NFS mount them from it to copy to a VIO optical library, etc. In the case of a VIO backup, I see the -mksysb option to backupios and understand that it doesn't include the NIM resources in the backup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies

7. AIX

Rebooting redundant VIOs and mirroring of PVs they serve to client LPARs

need to confirm: we have a system with two VIOs each serving a partition on a local disk to a client LPAR. That client LPAR has them both in a VG which is mirrored (exact). So each disk has a copy of the client LV that the client VG supports. This is the setup that was bequeathed to us by the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies
bt-network(1)							    bluez-tools 						     bt-network(1)

NAME
bt-network - a bluetooth network manager SYNOPSIS
bt-network [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect <name|mac> <uuid> -s, --server <gn|panu|nap> <brige> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage network services (client/server). All servers will be automatically unregistered when the application terminates. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> <uuid> Connect to the network device and return the network interface name, uuid can be either one of "gn", "panu" or "nap" -s, --server <gn|panu|nap> <brige> Register server for the provided UUID, every new connection to this server will be added the bridge interface AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-11-22 bt-network(1)