Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sun storedge
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sun storedge Post 52146 by hassan2 on Friday 11th of June 2004 04:40:45 AM
Old 06-11-2004
I have just tried newfs -T /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s0

but I received the following error message

newfs: -T unknown flag

can you help? please

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

veritas/STOREDGE A1000

Hi, I am a Dba and very new to filesystems and stuff. I think that we have Veritas filesystems on my Sun SOlaris 5.8 box, how do I confirm this: all my filesystems are mounted like this: /dev/vx/dsk... Now we are also using disk arrays (storedge a1000) how do I access them from the system.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knarayan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up storedge multipack

Can someone please help. I have been given the opportunity to set up a storedge multipack (6 x 36 gig drives). Equipment will attach to sun 420r with 2 x 36 gig drives. Solaris 8/ 4gig memory. Total disk space = (72gig + 216gig(storedge)) I plan to install a fresh copy of solaris on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Using Enterprise 4500 with storedge D100 and storedge A5200

Sorry if this seems trivial. i have been given a task at work to configure a sun processing server "enterprise 4500" so it can work with the a storage server "storedge A5200" and "storedge D1000" the truth is i have never worked on a sun server before. i need a guideline (step by step) as to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawalidowu
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Storedge Configuration

Hi Community, I'm working on Solaris 10 installation with 1 Sun Server V490 and 1 StoredgeTek 3510 (Standalone configuration). I connected the Server to the Storedge with 1 fiber cables and I created 3 LUNs with RAID1 Configuration. Today I've a problem, infact I have to connect a second... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Storedge IP

Hi Community, could you provide me a procedure or solaris 10 tool/command or Veritas command to check ths Storedge IP? Thank you!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
4 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Poor read performance on sun storedge a1000

Hello, i have a a1000 connected to an e6500. There's a raid 10 (12 disks) on the a1000. If i do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 and then look at iostat it tells me there's a kw/s of 25000. But if i do a dd of=/dev/zero if=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 then i see only a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbrenner
1 Replies

8. Solaris

What is STOREDGE In SOLARIS?

Hi, My question is What is StorEdge in Solairs? What are A1000 AND D1000? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aparna66
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Add new disk to Sun StorEdge 3310 RAID

HI guys. Bit of a noob so bear with me. I have 2 new disks I want to add to my StorEdge 3310 but am getting lost in the steps. We have another 3310 (JBOD) that I was able to plug the disks into and they instantly showed up. Did a few minor commands after (drvconfig, devfsadm etc..) and I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies
Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Sun - SNMP Interface to L3 Sun Solaris AUTHOR
begemot SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $sun = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'mysunrouter', Community => 'public', Version => 1 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $sun->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Subclass for Generic Sun Routers running SunOS Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for its own MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $sun->vendor() Returns 'sun' $sun->os() Returns 'sun' $sun->os_ver() Returns the software version extracted from message of the day. $sun->model() Returns 'Solaris Router' $sun->serial() Returns serial number Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $sun->i_ignore() Returns reference to hash. Increments value of IID if port is to be ignored. Ignores loopback Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)