Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automount
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Automount Post 51430 by hassan2 on Wednesday 19th of May 2004 04:12:31 PM
Old 05-19-2004
Problem fixed

I changed my auto.master so that is reference auto.home.

so on my auto.master looks like

/home/lion /etc/auto.home

and my auto.home looks likes

* -rw,nosuid,hard,intr server1:/export/home/lion/&

then restarted autofs

this solved the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automount

I install an external disk on my sun solaris 8 this went fine and I was able to access all filesystem on the disk. the new disk is mounted on /local then 6 hours later files under /local/files was 1 byte in size at the same time I received the following error message in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoMount

Hi All How do I do a auto mount to a directory in a different unix server. I am using Solaris. Please advise!! TIA Jana (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automount question

Hello, I was reading about automounting on Solaris10 and faced with the following sentence: "When the automount daemon is initialized on the server, no exported directories are mounted by the clients." What does it mean? Could you please explain? What is "exported directories" ? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automount issue

Folks; I'm mounting a directory on a different SUSE 10 server from my SUSE server fine. using this mount command: # mount 192.168.132.11:/var/local/new /var/local/new this command above works fine but when i added a new line to my "/etc/fstab" to be mounted automatically every time i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automount script

I'm attempting to take an fstab that looks something like this: /proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /sys /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Automount in Solaris 10

Hi friends I'm a newbie trying to automount a nfs shared directory. Below is the configuration I'm using FreeBSD machine as NFS server. IP Address - 192.168.1.60 # cat /etc/exports /shared 192.168.1.50 Solaris 10 as NFS client. IP Address - 192.168.1.50 # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajj
1 Replies

7. AIX

Help on Unconfiguring Automount

Hi All, Please help. I need an advise on how to Unconfigure automount please. Many Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

8. Linux

Automount problem

Hi, Please give step by step how to do automount in linux Thanks, Mani (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Automount in RHEL

Hello experts, On my RHEL box when i mount a nfs file system using autofs, the df -t shows the file system as nfs only. For which mounts does it report the filesystem as autofs. ?? I actually want to see the filesystem getting reported as autofs instead of nfs. Pls guide me I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need help with automount.. is not working!!

When i export the directory where the data really is, i can specify which hosts can mount it. On the remote server i create a mount point directory and then mount it to the source servers directory (that has the data). I need to run my script on Server X , i would login there and type in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkilaru
11 Replies
NFSD(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   NFSD(8)

NAME
nfsd -- remote NFS server SYNOPSIS
nfsd [-6rut] [-n num_threads] DESCRIPTION
nfsd runs on a server machine to service NFS requests from client machines. At least one nfsd must be running for a machine to operate as a server. Unless otherwise specified, four servers for UDP transport are started. The following options are available: -r Register the NFS service with rpcbind(8) without creating any servers. This option can be used along with the -u or -t options to re-register NFS if the portmap server is restarted. -n Specifies how many server threads to create. The default is 4. A server should run enough threads to handle the maximum level of concurrency from its clients. -6 Listen to IPv6 requests as well as IPv4 requests. If IPv6 support is not available, nfsd will silently continue and just use IPv4. -t Serve TCP NFS clients. -u Serve UDP NFS clients. For example, ``nfsd -t -u -n 6'' serves UDP and TCP transports using six threads. nfsd listens for service requests at the port indicated in the NFS server specification; see Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC 1094 and NFS: Network File System Version 3 Protocol Specification. The nfsd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
nfsstat(1), nfssvc(2), mountd(8), rpcbind(8) HISTORY
The nfsd utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
March 17, 2008 BSD