Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers login error after sys-unconfig, errno = 13 Post 46896 by roing on Wednesday 28th of January 2004 04:55:18 PM
Old 01-28-2004
Hi

I'm sorry my answers/questions is in fragments... but I'll try to make this one as good as I can. Relay apriciate the help!

I did move all the S files...
I did also look for opt and inittab, but nothing... So now I'll try the different S files.

yes reload the OS would surly be a good way. But how? I dont have a CD drive for the sun. and I havent gott anny disks with OS anny way... I do have a Mac runnig Mac OS X so I did think of making a net boot... and maby be able to insall new OS from the Mac... Is this possible?

I will now start single user and try the different S files... Bur how do I know if the S file work? I gett error message if it does not right?

/Martin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Network problem after sys-unconfig

I am running Solaris 8 and I have problem with configuration of the network after running sys-unconfig command: - I ran "sys-unconfig" command then the system reboot to "ok" prompt. I did a "boot disk" command and the system reboot - I lost all system info including host name and all addresses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
3 Replies

2. Programming

CRITICAL 11/08/05 12:06:26 _getsockopt reports error. errno: 239

I am new to this socket programming stuff. I have a problem to fix.. i got the error message. "CRITICAL 11/08/05 12:06:26 _getsockopt reports error. errno: 239" can some please help me with this.. how do i go about fixing this error. thanx in advance.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niks.20
0 Replies

3. Solaris

[need help] about after running sys-unconfig and config network for v890

hi expert, i had do sys-unconfig for my v890 sparc and had config for eri0 network interface and hostname but after the server bring up i got this error messages : NIS domainname is www.USSDGmdn-4.com starting rpc services: rpcbind keyserv done. Setting netmask of eri0 to 255.255.255.0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
5 Replies

4. Programming

Hi errno in sys/stat.h

How should I use errno in a c program and what info does it have . I am working with directories and files. So can any one tell me How to access errno?I am using the stat() function on \etc directory and I am alble to access only the half of the directories.I am not able to access other half and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
6 Replies

5. Solaris

sys-unconfig keeps hostname

Hi, I performed a sys-unconfig on a solaris 10 server twice and it did not ask for a new hostname. I did a fresh install. most of the time I have experienced that it asks for a new hostname. what happened? I know I could have edited some files but I prefer not to. thanks in advance, ~jv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmagic
3 Replies

6. Solaris

question about sys-unconfig

Hi there, We are trying to move our Sun Solaris 10 servers to new location (different state); the subnets will be changing ofcourse and so will the IP addresses; we plan to change hostname too. Questions: 1)If we perform sys-unconfig will the current installed application/data be lost? If so,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedee
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 sys-unconfig issue (brand new user)

ok, Newbie here..... I just installed this solaris 10 for a class I'm taking. We couldn't figure out how to change the IP so we were told to just do it from the sys-uncofig process. Well, after I did that, I lost the GUI witch isn't all that bad cuz I want to learn the cli anyways, but I keep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesays
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys-unconfig doesn't work after reboot

Hi All! I'm running "Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC" on M5000. I ran sys-unconfig and after the machine rebooted the system did not prompt me for configuration info (system name, ip address, etc). I have also modified /etc/.sysIDtool.state changing all "1" to "0" and touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

9. Solaris

sys-unconfig now can not log in

I did a sys-unconfig to change the domainname, Ip, subnet, hostname, and pretty much everything else that sys-unconfig handles. Upon reboot, it is toast. I did this all without the network cable plugged in. The following shows up on console: login: pam_unix_cred: cannot load ttyname Error 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cant update yum what so ever [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

Hello!!! I am so frustrated I'm about to snap!!! I cant hear any sound in Firefox or re-install Chrome. Every time I try to do anything with YUM inside my terminal (like update or install) I keep getting this error:failure: repodata/repomd.xml from virtualbox: No more mirrors to try. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
2 Replies
Mac::AETE::Parser(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Mac::AETE::Parser(3)

NAME
Mac::AETE::Parser - parses Macintosh AETE and AEUT resources. SYNOPSIS
use Mac::AETE::Parser; use Mac::AETE::Format::Dictionary; $aete = Parser->new($aete_handle, $name); $formatter = Dictionary->new; $aete->set_format($formatter); $aete->read; $aete->write; DESCRIPTION
The Parser module serves as a base class for the Mac::AETE::App and Mac::AETE::Dialect modules. Methods new Example: ($aete_handle is a handle containing a valid AETE resource. $name is the name of the application.) use Mac::AETE::Parser; use Mac::AETE::Format::Dictionary; $aete = Parser->new($aete_handle, $name); read Reads the data contained in the AETE resource or handle. Example: $aete->read; set_format Sets the output formatter used during by the 'write' subroutine. Example: $formatter = Dictionary->new; $aete->set_format($formatter); copy Copies all suites from one Parser object into another. Example: $aete2 = Parser->new($aete_handle2, $another_name); $aete->copy($aete2); copies the suites from $aete2 into $aete. merge Merges suites from one Parser object into another. Only the suites that exist in both objects will be replaced. Example: $aete3 = Parser->new($aete_handle2, $another_name); $aete->merge($aete3); write Prints the contents of the AETE or AEUT resource using the current formatter. $aete->write; INHERITANCE
Parser does not inherit from any other modules. AUTHOR
David Schooley <dcschooley@mediaone.net> The data structures are adapted from modifications made to the original aeteconvert script by Chris Nandor. perl v5.10.0 2006-06-01 Mac::AETE::Parser(3)