Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: @HOME & Solaris 8
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers @HOME & Solaris 8 Post 4527 by yellowfish on Wednesday 25th of July 2001 06:03:19 PM
Old 07-25-2001

make sure your IP addr are static ip
Based on my understanding, @home is running DHCP for the service unless you pay more to get a static ip addr.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem: Automounting Home directory for nis & nfs configuration doesn't work

Hi all, First of all, i am so sorry about my bad level in English writing. I have some problem in linux and i hope the experts of this forum to help me if they have enough time to reply to me. I have a scenario of configuring NIS and NFS in Redhat Linux environment such that user can login... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioneer
0 Replies

2. Linux

VMware ESX server && Solaris 10 on same PC ??

Hi all, I tried to install Solaris 10 and then VMware ESX server v3.02 on the same PC (or hard drive). But after successfully installing Solaris 10, when I installed Vmware ESX Server on the same drive(but on different partition, boot menu is not coming. It is just booting Vmware only. Pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory & group in UNIX question

folks; I'm going to use LDAP on Solaris 10 to authenticate users, i have 3 questions, i'm hoping it can be possible: 1. when users login for the first time, Is there a way to auto create a home directory like "/home/"user_name" so we don't have to a create a home directory for every single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help setting up a home solaris private network

Hi all, I just purchased 2 Ultra 10 servers and I want to practice with home networking. I want to create a private network where I can connect both boxes to the internet via broadband using my four port adsl modem/router. My ISP assigns me 192.168 addresses via DHCP and I use the ISP's DNS but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
1 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 10 /home

What gives? # chmod 777 home chmod: WARNING: can't change home # after I installed solaris 10, /home isnt writetable by anyone, when I try and change the perms as root, i get the above error. Anyone seen this before? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

6. Solaris

NISuser home directory movement in Solaris

How to move home directory of NIS user from one system to another system in Solaris. Thanks & Regards Durgaprasad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

7. Solaris

A query regarding /export/home in Solaris

Friends, I am new to Solaris, but familiar with Linux. Could you throw some light on the need for /export/home directory in Solaris. In Linux, the default home directory for a normal user is /home/<username>. If domain concept is implemented, then the /home directory of server will be mounted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
4 Replies

8. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Oracle Solaris 11 on home server

I am interested in learning oracle solais 11 but I can't seem to find a discounted version/free version with security updates for home use (I would like to set it up as I would a real server for practice so I would like to get security updates I understand that there is a trial version but you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crookedmaze
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 9 Home Directory, Two Machines Sharing a NAS

Good Morning, I have 2 Solaris 9 machines sharing a NAS, and need to have users to be able to log in from the 2nd machine and get to all of their files on the NAS that were created on the 1st machine. So far its working ok, but when users log in to the second machine, their user IDs show... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
20 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)