Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor wont come on...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitor wont come on... Post 40543 by RTM on Wednesday 17th of September 2003 05:28:10 PM
Old 09-17-2003
Not sure if this is still something that works, but when the monitor goes black, unplug the cable from the monitor to the pc. If the screen then goes white, the monitor should be okay.

Of course, when you go to get a new video card, you'll have to update your monitor anyway (and your pc, software, licenses...Mr. Gates needs the $$$ in this economy!).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

file wont remove

check this out ls -l nmo* -rwsr-s--- 1 root dba 19312 Mar 31 14:44 nmo -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 0 May 19 2004 nmo0 -rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 16512 Mar 31 14:44 nmocat # rm nmo0 nmo0: No such file or directory # id uid=0(root) gid=1(other) what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

Netscape Wont work...

Cant Get Netscape to work... I get this messsage: Perhaps there is a problem with your name server? if your site must use a non-root name server, you will need to set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropreate name server. It may (or may not) be necessary to set this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xwindows wont start

I have one machince where X crashes with some weird error on boot... Fatal server error: Cannot move old logfile "/var/log/XFree86.0.log.old" This is running redhat enterprise ES 3, I cant figure out how to get past this error. I have tried deleting the logfiles and recreating them, however... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file wont execute

sh filename and it gives me an error saying the file doesnt exist but it definately does. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iago
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Wont boot

I am new to HP-UX. I have a external SCSI drive with HP-UX on it. I was trying to clone it to another external scsi drive. I added the new drive to existing LVM. Then I used dd command. But it failed with I/O error. Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: forhad
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ypbind wont bind?

Well one problem down and another just pops up. I run ypbind and I see Starting NIS service: Binding NIS service: Shutting down NIS service: To my knowledge everything is configured properly. I ran tcpdump on the machine running ypserv to see... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
9 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
monitor(1)                                                        monitor command                                                       monitor(1)

NAME
monitor - receive logging information from LPD SYNOPSIS
monitor [ -u ] [ -t ] [ port ] DESCRIPTION
The monitor program is a template for a printer status monitoring program. It will open the specified TCP and/or UDP port, and then wait for accounting or other information to be sent. It prints this information on it standard output. OPTIONS
-u wait for connections on the UDP port. -t wait for connections on the TCP port. port Use the specified port number. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: zero (0) Successful completion. non-zero (!=0) An error occurred. SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), checkpc(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.conf(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng developer mailing list is lprng-devel@lists.sourceforge.net; subscribe by visiting https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lprng-devel or sending mail to lprng- request@lists.sourceforge.net with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available via http://lprng.sourceforge.net LPRng 2006-12-09 monitor(1)