Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor wont come on...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitor wont come on... Post 40525 by Kelam_Magnus on Wednesday 17th of September 2003 11:57:01 AM
Old 09-17-2003
Monitor wont come on...

I know this may not be the right forum, but here goes.

Last night I was playing my favorite game Everquest and my monitor goes blank... I was able to save out of my game and shut it down...

My question is this: I thought my monitor had died but this morning I was able to get it to come back on for a few minutes then it went black again...but the video was shaky while it was on.

It seems as though my monitor is not totally dead if at all. I was wondering if a video card can have that effect on a monitor?

I have had the monitor for 6+ years and it was refurbished when I purchased it... The PC is a Dell I bought about 4+ years ago... I know ancient in today's world...

Any insight would be helpful... Do I need a new monitor or Video card?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

file wont remove

check this out ls -l nmo* -rwsr-s--- 1 root dba 19312 Mar 31 14:44 nmo -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 0 May 19 2004 nmo0 -rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 16512 Mar 31 14:44 nmocat # rm nmo0 nmo0: No such file or directory # id uid=0(root) gid=1(other) what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

Netscape Wont work...

Cant Get Netscape to work... I get this messsage: Perhaps there is a problem with your name server? if your site must use a non-root name server, you will need to set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropreate name server. It may (or may not) be necessary to set this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xwindows wont start

I have one machince where X crashes with some weird error on boot... Fatal server error: Cannot move old logfile "/var/log/XFree86.0.log.old" This is running redhat enterprise ES 3, I cant figure out how to get past this error. I have tried deleting the logfiles and recreating them, however... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file wont execute

sh filename and it gives me an error saying the file doesnt exist but it definately does. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iago
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Wont boot

I am new to HP-UX. I have a external SCSI drive with HP-UX on it. I was trying to clone it to another external scsi drive. I added the new drive to existing LVM. Then I used dd command. But it failed with I/O error. Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: forhad
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ypbind wont bind?

Well one problem down and another just pops up. I run ypbind and I see Starting NIS service: Binding NIS service: Shutting down NIS service: To my knowledge everything is configured properly. I ran tcpdump on the machine running ypserv to see... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
9 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
Holotz's Castle(6)														Holotz's Castle(6)

NAME
holotz-castle - platform game with high dosis of mistery SYNOPSIS
holotz-castle [-f] [-w] [--fps nn] [-mWWxHHxBPP] DESCRIPTION
A great mystery is hidden beyond the walls of Holotz's Castle. Will you be able to help Ybelle and Ludar escape alive from the castle? Test your dexterity with this tremendously exciting platform game! USAGE
You'll get an options' menu as soon as the game starts, with the following options: - Continue Game: You can continue playing the game if you have interrupted it with escape key. - New Game: You can start playing the game right from the beginning. - Help: You get a general help text on the game. You can use escape key for leaving that screen. - Options: You'll get a new menu from which you can set video, sound, dificulty and language options. You can leave each menu by using the escape key. - Load: You can continue playing the game from a previously saved adventure. - Save: With this option you can save the current adventure. - Exit: Leave the game. During the game, you can use the following keys: - Arrow keys: Move character - Space key: Jump / Skip dialog - Enter/Return key: Skip dialog sequence - F1: Display help text while playing - Escape key: Hides help screen. Aside from that the game easy to play, no need for a manual! OPTIONS
These command line options are available: -f Full Screen. -w Windowed. --fps nn Run the game at nn frames per second (fps). -mWWxHHxBPP Run in video mode set by WW pixels of width, HH pixels of height and BPP bits per pixel (eg. -m640x480x16). AUTHOR
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux system by Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> (but may be used by others, of course) Miriam Ruiz 28.01.2005 Holotz's Castle(6)