Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users problem with diff and tcl scripts freaking out unix Post 40492 by RTM on Tuesday 16th of September 2003 05:06:22 PM
Old 09-16-2003
You might want to look at disk space and where your tmp files are being stored. You can always change /tmp to point to /var/tmp if that file system is larger and has more space.

Did the error message state which "device full"?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I execute TCL scripts in HP-UX

Hi All, Since I want to execute TCL scripts in HP-UX, I cannot find where to start. I try to execute the following scripts. It gets "tclsh: not found." errors. Where / how to execute tcl scripts? Thanks a lots. #!/bin/sh # the next line restarts using wish \ exec tclsh "$0" "$@" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with tk_optionmenu in tcl/tk

hi how can i see all and select one option from tk_optionMenu in tcl/tk using keyboard only. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajbgarh
0 Replies

3. Programming

Tcl - SOAP Problem

Hi, Im working with client side Tcl implementation on unix box of web services, to login to a tool with web service method written in C# on windows box and it is accessed by its link from the browser on unix box. Sorry that i have hidden the original names for security reasons. Using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in using diff

Hi, When i use diff command, i get the output like this 2c2 < Table Name: AAA Row Count:96 SUM(F1): 3739 MAX(F1):77 MIN(F1): 0 AVG(F1): 38.9479167 LENGTH(LINE): 2260 --- > Table Name: AAA Row Count:96 SUM(F1): 4009 MAX(F1):77 MIN(F1): 0 AVG(F1): 40.9479167 LENGTH(LINE): 2260 4a5,10 >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl problem

I'm trying to write a script that will do the following: Open a text file for reading/writing. Read each line. When I find a specfic value in a line, append something to the end of that line. I loop through and read all the lines in myfile.txt looking for dev123_data_log and find a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem using diff command in unix

Hi, I am trying to do a diff between two files using "diff" command.I dont need my output to be printed using extra symbols ">" and "<" as we usually see for the diff command. Even to excude these characters in each line of the output, my diff output has inturn many symbols ">" and "<". ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharitha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing in a socket trough TCL problem.

Hello everyone: I have a script that writes and read DATA in/from a socket, but i have a great problem while writing. My socket is created in this way: set connection fconfigure $connection -encoding binary -translation binary -blocking 1 And the writer procedure is this one: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem capturing output in TCL script

I have a TCL script that logs into a switch using expect.I send a command "show port-security address" and it returns a table having a large number of rows.I need to capture this output(the table) and store it in a .txt file. I have done this: match_max 5000 set expect_out(buffer) {} set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plasmalightwave
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with TCL package

Following error encountered while executing characterizationEngine.tcl :confused::confused: $ ./characterizationEngine.tcl Tcl Client is running Ixia Software version: 5.60 Can't find tclx.tcl in the following directories: /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
0 Replies
sdiff(1)							   User Commands							  sdiff(1)

NAME
sdiff - print differences between two files side-by-side SYNOPSIS
sdiff [-l] [-s] [-o output] [-w n] filename1 filename2 DESCRIPTION
sdiff uses the output of the diff command to produce a side-by-side listing of two files indicating lines that are different. Lines of the two files are printed with a blank gutter between them if the lines are identical, a < in the gutter if the line appears only in filename1, a > in the gutter if the line appears only in filename2, and a | for lines that are different. (See the EXAMPLES section below.) OPTIONS
-l Print only the left side of any lines that are identical.to -s Do not print identical lines. -o output Use the argument output as the name of a third file that is created as a user-controlled merge of filename1 and filename2. Identical lines of filename1 and filename2 are copied to output. Sets of differences, as produced by diff, are printed; where a set of differences share a common gutter character. After printing each set of differences, sdiff prompts the user with a % and waits for one of the following user-typed commands: l Append the left column to the output file. r Append the right column to the output file. s Turn on silent mode; do not print identical lines. v Turn off silent mode. e l Call the editor with the left column. e r Call the editor with the right column. e b Call the editor with the concatenation of left and right. e Call the editor with a zero length file. q Exit from the program. On exit from the editor, the resulting file is concatenated to the end of the output file. -w n Use the argument n as the width of the output line. The default line length is 130 characters. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of sdiff when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1 An example of the sdiff command. A sample output of sdiff follows. x | y a a b < c < d d > c ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If any of the LC_* variables ( LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, LC_TIME, LC_COLLATE, LC_NUMERIC, and LC_MONETARY ) (see environ(5)) are not set in the environment, the operational behavior of sdiff for each corresponding locale category is determined by the value of the LANG environ- ment variable. If LC_ALL is set, its contents are used to override both the LANG and the other LC_* variables. If none of the above vari- ables is set in the environment, the "C" locale determines how sdiff behaves. LC_CTYPE Determines how sdiff handles characters. When LC_CTYPE is set to a valid value, sdiff can display and handle text and file- names containing valid characters for that locale. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNWesu | |CSI Enabled | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), ed(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.11 20 Dec 1996 sdiff(1)