Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 64 bit file using gcc
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 64 bit file using gcc Post 35171 by PxT on Monday 31st of March 2003 02:34:08 PM
Old 03-31-2003

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Writing both 8-bit and 16-bit data to a file

I'm writing both 8-bit and wide 16-bit data to the screen and an output file. I have no problems with writing out to the screen - for example: cout<<8-bit data; wcout<<16-bit data; Similarly, I have used ofstream for 8-bit and wofstream for 16-bit, for example: ofstream out; wofstream wout;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

2. Programming

32-bit code with gcc

I want to create a 32 bit shared library. I am using following commands 1. gcc -c test1.c 2. ld -b test1.o -o test1.sl But this creates 64 bit shared library. Unix version of the server on which I am working is HP-UX 11.11 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amol.chavan
1 Replies

3. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

4. Programming

64-Bit gcc Compilation

Hi All I have a question on the compilation Assume i am working on 64 bit Linux OS. i am making shared objects and libraries required for our project. Can i compile 32 bit libraries using gcc of 64 -bit OS? Or Is there any restriction in the 32-bit or 64-bit compilers when trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 and 64 bit apache/openssl/gcc

I installed Solaris 10 on a v440. I installed v3.4.6 gcc from Sun Freeware. I was considering installing 64 bit Apache/Openssl and wondered if people encountered any problems with it. What config parameters did you have to compile openssl and apache? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD