Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unmounting /home Permanently
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unmounting /home Permanently Post 34917 by norsk hedensk on Friday 21st of March 2003 09:43:47 AM
Old 03-21-2003
try out this command:
man 5 proc
for information on /proc
/dev/fd
might be the floppy disk drive , though i always see /dev/fd0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unmounting a cd in Solaris

I am having a rough time with unmounting a CD on a Solaris box. I am installing Oracle 8.1.7 for someone, and everything was going swell until the system tells me to put in CD 2. When I try to eject CD 1, nothing happens because the CD is still mounted. I looked on the man pages for rmmount to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jody
3 Replies

2. AIX

unmounting problem

Hello, can someone help me with the problem am facing unmounting a filesystem I wanted to unmount /oradata cause i created it with a larger size and wanted to umount it , delete the fs and create again with less size. i have done below but nothing so far. 1) iam not in /oradata directory 2) i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Changing the Ip adress permanently

well i'm trying to change the ip adress on an old alphaserver runing tru64 4.0F using the ifconfig hme0 IP_ADDRESS mask MASK broadcast BROADCAST and when i check it using ifconfig -a it shows the new ip and all is well but when the server is rebooted it reverts back to the old ip (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

5. AIX

Unmounting a failed NFS mount

I have an NFS file system mounted on one of my AIX servers with "mount -v cifs".. The server from which the file system was mounted has crashed and now my "df -g" output is hanging. Is there any was to unmount this NFS file system? I have tried "umount -f". Doesn't work. Or is there any way in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibhore
6 Replies

6. Solaris

delete routing permanently

How can I remove permanently a route from the routing table? I have the following: root@aiwutr1>netstat -rnv IRE Table: IPv4 Destination Mask Gateway Device Mxfrg Rtt Ref Flg Out In/Fwd -------------------- --------------- --------------------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gianluca.p
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. AIX

Error unmounting a remote mounted file system

Hi All, I'm facing an issue while trying to unmount a remotely mounted file system, strangely it's not even getting mounted, Kindly find the reply messages. Mounting error msg nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 <Server host>: Cannot mount a file system that is already remotely mounted. mount: 1831-008... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishekag
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validation of mounting and unmounting

Hi folks, I have below code for unmounting, but i need validation filesystem is unmounted or not, if not it give us error. Please confirm below code or need modification. Please suggest. umount /oradata if then echo "/oradata Unmounted Successfully" else echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unmounting NFS idle clients from server

Hello World, We have a software repository server in our environment which we use as an NFS server. Now this has been going on well before I was hired. Now, I observed many users not unmounting the NFS resources after their use. I ran showmount and it showed 513 current sessions. :wall: Is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
7 Replies
gitmount(1)						      General Commands Manual						       gitmount(1)

NAME
gitmount - GNU Interactive Tools - auto-mount script SYNTAX
gitmount device DESCRIPTION
gitmount is a script which allows you to mount any block device without specifying the file system type. You may now insert the floppy in the drive and type ' gitmount fd0' and the first floppy will be mounted in the directory /mnt/fd0. On Linux just press F11 or F12. You don't need to know the file system type anymore. The directories /mnt/fd0 and /mnt/fd1 are created if they don't exist. BUGS
Please send bug reports to: gnuit-dev@gnu.org SEE ALSO
gitfm(1) gitps(1) gitview(1) gitkeys(1) gitaction(1) gitrgrep(1) gitunpack(1) AUTHORS
Tudor Hulubei <tudor@cs.unh.edu> Andrei Pitis <pink@pub.ro> Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> (Current maintainer) gitmount(1)