Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Deleting unused kdb+ analytic files in RedHat Post 303043278 by Michael37 on Thursday 23rd of January 2020 06:32:38 AM
Old 01-23-2020
Where do I find this information? (I'm very new)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting old files

Hi, I have a directory which contains files.This Directory keeps getting in new files from time to time.I want to maintain only 15 files in that directory at any time and the old files should be deleted. Eg: Directory 'c' @'a/b/c contains: 1_a 2_a 3_a... I want to delete all the old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
2 Replies

2. Programming

Analytic functions in Pro*c

Hi All, when I use the following analytic function in sql prompt, i am getting the result count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) /* select count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) from temp */ but when i use the same analytic function in Pro*c i get the following error Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files

Hi all, I have developed a shell script to copy the files from source to destination and simultaneously to delete the copied files in source. I can copy the files but the files cannot be deleted in source side. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesan
3 Replies

6. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to get the stack trace using kdb?

Hi All, I am trying to debug my core file using kdb. When I try to get the stack trace I am facing this error. core mapped from @ 700000000000000 to @ 70000000306fc04 Preserving 1680415 bytes of symbol table Dump does not start with valid magic number WARNING: Possibly truncated or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies
sane-find-scanner(1)					      General Commands Manual					      sane-find-scanner(1)

NAME
sane-find-scanner - find SCSI and USB scanners and their device files SYNOPSIS
sane-find-scanner [-h|-?] [-v] [-q] [-f] [devname] DESCRIPTION
sane-find-scanner is a command-line tool to find SCSI and some USB scanners and determine their Unix device files. It's part of the sane- backends package. For SCSI scanners, it checks the default generic SCSI device files (e.g., /dev/sg0) and /dev/scanner. The test is done by sending a SCSI inquiry command and looking for a device type of "scanner" or "processor" (some old HP scanners seem to send "processor"). So sane-find- scanner will find any SCSI scanner connected to those default device files even if it isn't supported by any SANE backend. For USB scanners, first the USB kernel scanner device files (e.g. /dev/usb/scanner0), /dev/usb/scanner, and /dev/usbscanner are tested. The files are opened and the vendor and device ids are determined if the operating system supports this feature. Currently USB scanners are only found this way if they are supported by the Linux scanner module or the FreeBSD or OpenBSD uscanner driver. After that test, sane- find-scanner tries to scan for USB devices found by the USB library libusb (if available). There is no special USB class for scanners, so the heuristics used to distinguish scanners from other USB devices is not perfect. sane-find-scanner will even find USB scanners, that are not supported by any SANE backend. sane-find-scanner won't find parallel port scanners, or scanners connected to proprietary ports. OPTIONS
-h, -? Prints a short usage message. -v Verbose output. If used once, sane-find-scanner shows every device name and the test result. If used twice, SCSI inquiry informa- tion and the USB device descriptors are also printed. -q Be quiet. Print only the devices, no comments. -f Force opening all explicitely given devices as SCSI and USB devices. That's useful if sane-find-scanner is wrong in determing the device type. devname Test device file "devname". No other devices are checked if devname is given. EXAMPLE
sane-find-scanner -v Check all SCSI and USB devices for available scanners and print a line for every device file. sane-find-scanner /dev/scanner Look for a (SCSI) scanner only at /dev/scanner and print the result. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5), sane-usb(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane-"backendname"(5) AUTHOR
Oliver Rauch, Henning Meier-Geinitz and others SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
USB support is limited to Linux (kernel, libusb), FreeBSD (kernel, libusb), NetBSD (libusb), OpenBSD (kernel, libusb). Detecting the vendor and device ids only works with Linux or libusb. SCSI support is available on Irix, EMX, Linux, Next, AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and HP-UX. BUGS
No support for parallel port scanners yet. 15 Sep 2002 sane-find-scanner(1)