Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Calculating size of backups
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Calculating size of backups Post 303039373 by janakors on Wednesday 2nd of October 2019 11:50:59 AM
Old 10-02-2019
Calculating size of backups

hi everyone
i have a backup share mounted with me on solaris 10 which have daily backups. everyday i need to calculate all individual sizes of files and need to report somewhere. e.g i have .rman 7backup files daily . what i need that is there any commnd or variation of
Code:
du

command which can add all these files backups of certin date to save time.

plz any help.

regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backups

When using hostdump.sh to backup a system I can do it fine. But how can I restore what I backuped up? :) Thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backups.

Hello everyone my ? is about backups. I'am running SCO OS 505 and currently backing up the hole HD. Well the back up is taking too long and this is becoming a problem for the users since we are a 24-7 bussines, I whant stop backing up every thing on the HD. What are the most important files and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for calculating size and remaining space of a directory automatically.

I would like to create a script for calculating size and remaining space of a directory automatically every 24 hours, then send an email to report to the admin. * POSIX and PERL are preferred. Can anyone help, please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leonall
1 Replies

4. Programming

calculating size of int

Hi, Is there any way to calculate the size of a built in data type without using 'sizeof' operator? I also don't have the option to read it from std .h file. regards Apoorva Kumar (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: apoorvasharma80
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CAlculating page file size

hello dont know if this is the correct forum for this post but i have a question. i am revising for a exam on operating systems and i have the question... A system has a 32bit virtual address divided into 2kbyte pages and each entry in the page table is 6 bytes in length. what is the size... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fortune
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with calculating size of files.

Hi All, I am very new to shell scripting. I have a text file which is the output of another utility. This text file has a list of SAF files which is basically a list of orphan attachments in the attachments directory. Now I want to read each file name from the file, get its size and repeat this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajeshReddy
6 Replies

7. AIX

calculating the size of the luns using script

Hi This is the lspv output of my server : cbspsdb01 #lspv hdisk0 00c7518d2d512fd4 cdgvg active hdisk1 00c7518d2dcbc9d6 cdgvg active hdisk2 00c7518dcda9199a appvg active hdisk3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating average of 100 different files of same size

Hey guys..... I have many files (lets say 100 or more) of same size, and I want to create a new output file and calculate the average of first row fifth column in all files and print it in first row of output file, then 2nd row fifth col in all 100 files and print it in 2nd row of output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CAch
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Calculating size of backups

hi everyone i have posted this query but i dont where it has gone i am posting again . my issue is that i have many backup files in a backup nfs share and i need to calculate it size just by adding their individual file sizes which is repetitive jobs. so is there any command or variation of du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janakors
1 Replies
SECURITY.CONF(5)					      BSD File Formats Manual						  SECURITY.CONF(5)

NAME
security.conf -- daily security check configuration file DESCRIPTION
The security.conf file specifies which of the standard /etc/security services are performed. The /etc/security script is run, by default, every night from /etc/daily, on a NetBSD system, if configured do to so from /etc/daily.conf. The variables described below can be set to "NO" to disable the test: check_passwd This checks the /etc/master.passwd file for inconsistencies. check_group This checks the /etc/group file for inconsistencies. check_rootdotfiles This checks the root users startup files for sane settings of $PATH and umask. This test is not fail safe and any warning generated from this should be checked for correctness. check_ftpusers This checks that the correct users are in the /etc/ftpusers file. check_aliases This checks for security problems in the /etc/mail/aliases file. For backward compatibility, /etc/aliases will be checked as well if exists. check_rhosts This checks for system and user rhosts files with "+" in them. check_homes This checks that home directories are owned by the correct user, and have appropriate permissions. check_varmail This checks that the correct user owns mail in /var/mail, and that the mail box has the right permissions. check_nfs This checks that the /etc/exports file does not export filesystems to the world. check_devices This checks for changes to devices and setuid files. check_mtree This runs mtree(8) to ensure that the system is installed correctly. The following configuration files are checked: /etc/mtree/special Default files to check. /etc/mtree/special.local Local site additions and overrides. /etc/mtree/DIR.secure Specification for the directory DIR. check_disklabels Backup text copies of the disklabels of available disk drives into /var/backups/work/disklabel.XXX, and display any differences in those and the previous copies as per check_changelist below. If fdisk(8) is available on the current platform, the output of /sbin/fdisk for each available disk drive is stored in /var/backups/work/fdisk.XXX, and any differences displayed as per the disklabels. check_pkgs This stores a list of all installed pkgs into /var/backups/work/pkgs and checks it for any changes. check_changelist This determines a list of files from the contents of /etc/changelist, and the output of mtree -D for /etc/mtree/special and /etc/mtree/special.local. For each file in the list it compares the files with their back- ups in /var/backups/file.current and /var/backups/file.backup, and displays any differences found. The following mtree(8) tags modify how files are determined from /etc/mtree/special and /etc/mtree/special.local: exclude The entry is ignored; no backups are made and the differences are not displayed. This includes dynamic or binary files such as /var/run/utmp. nodiff The entry is backed up but the differences are not displayed because the contents of the file are sensitive. This includes files such as /etc/master.passwd. check_pkg_vulnerabilities Checks the currently installed packages against a database of known vulnerabilities and reports those that are vulnerable. Check the fetch_pkg_vulnerabilities setting in daily.conf(5) to keep the database up to date. check_pkg_signatures Checks the digital signature of all files installed by packages against the expected values stored in the packages database. The variables described below can be set to modify the tests: check_homes_permit_usergroups During the check_homes phase, allow the checked files to be group-writable if the group name is the same as the username. check_devices_ignore_fstypes Lists filesystem types to ignore during the check_devices phase. Prefixing the type with a '!' inverts the match. For exam- ple, 'procfs !local' will ignore 'procfs' type filesystems and filesystems that are not 'local'. check_devices_ignore_paths Lists pathnames to ignore during the check_devices phase. Prefixing the path with a '!' inverts the match. For example, '/tftp' will ignore paths under /tftp while '!/home' will ignore paths that are not under /home. check_mtree_follow_symlinks During the check_mtree phase, instruct mtree to follow symbolic links. Please note, this may cause the check_mtree phase to report errors for entries for these symbolic links (i.e. of type=link in the mtree specification) as they will always appear to be plain files for the purposes of the check. /etc/mtree/special.local may be used to override the checks for the affected links. check_passwd_nowarn_shells If check_passwd is enabled, most warnings will be suppressed for entries whose shells are listed in this space-separated list. This is of particular value when those shells are not in /etc/shells. check_passwd_nowarn_users If check_passwd is enabled, suppress warnings for these users. check_passwd_permit_nonalpha If check_passwd is enabled, do not warn about login names which use non-alphanumeric characters. check_passwd_permit_star If check_passwd is enabled, do not warn about password fields set to ``*''. Note that the use of password fields such as ``*ssh'' is encouraged, instead. max_grouplen If check_group is enabled, this determines the maximum permitted length of group names. max_loginlen If check_passwd is enabled, this determines the maximum permitted length of login names. backup_dir Change the backup directory from /var/backup. diff_options Specify the options passed to diff(1) when it is invoked to show changes made to system files. Defaults to ``-u'', for uni- fied-format context-diffs. pkgdb_dir DEPRECATED. Please set PKGDB_DIR in pkg_install.conf(5) instead. If defined, points to the location of the packages database. Defaults to /var/db/pkg. backup_uses_rcs Use rcs(1) for maintaining backup copies of files noted in check_devices, check_disklabels, check_pkgs, and check_changelist instead of just keeping a current copy and a backup copy. FILES
/etc/defaults/security.conf defaults for /etc/security.conf /etc/security daily security check script /etc/security.conf daily security check configuration /etc/security.local local site additions to /etc/security SEE ALSO
daily.conf(5) HISTORY
The security.conf file appeared in NetBSD 1.3. The check_disklabels functionality was added in NetBSD 1.4. The backup_uses_rcs and check_pkgs features were added in NetBSD 1.6. diff_options appeared in NetBSD 2.0; prior to that, traditional-format (context free) diffs were generated. BSD
February 5, 2010 BSD