Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX system dump analysis
Operating Systems AIX AIX system dump analysis Post 303035307 by RecoveryOne on Monday 20th of May 2019 03:47:25 PM
Old 05-20-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato00

i've got a message from oracle that the problem is not oracle.

Ok, what does mean ECA337?
Sounds like the standard Oracle reply! And likely isn't. There's a few known issues with 6.1 TL7. Just a quick example: IBM IV32943: MEMORY LEAK IN NFS CODE APPLIES TO AIX 6100-07

ECA337 was a notification sent out to owners of P770's and P780's regarding a potential fault in the I/O backplane. It's an engineering change, and would have taken about 1.5 hours for a CE to address. This was announced back in March of 2017 I think. I had a pair of 9117-MMC's that were affected.
I'd give your IBM rep a call and see if its still being offered. I haven't looked up the service life on those units yet. I know my small 740's are coming up on their EOS dates.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to do core dump analysis

Hi All, I am new to unix environment. Please tell me how to do coredump analysis. Please explain clearly with example. What are the details are available in the core. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sip
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Core Dump Analysis Using PStack and PMAP

Hello, I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a core dump that I need to analyze from a Unix box and I've never done this sort of thing before. I was told to run a pmap and pstack on the core file which provided two different output files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimblebee
3 Replies

3. Solaris

use sunexplorer and vmcore analysis result instead of vmcore dump file itself.

in solaris 8 environment,frequently os panic happened and someone advise me check vmcore.:( for crash dump facility can we use SUNEXPLORER data collector package including with analyse result of vmcore like ? It may provides panic message included program counter address, perhaps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahadib
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to do core dump analysis in AIX?

Please tell me some methods to analyse core dump in AIX.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mythili
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

core dump analysis : __kernel_vsyscall ()

We have just enabled core dump on our RHEL5.7 OS. the java process is terminating very often so we enable core dump to analysis the issue and find below in core dump file. Core was generated by `/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06//bin/java -server -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m -Xmn576m -XX:+Aggre'. Program... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawankkamboj
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learn Linux Core Dump Analysis

Can any body provide me some good link to learn to create and analyze linux user mode application / kernel module core dumps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD