Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to install older package version on Ubuntu 18.04? Post 303032954 by Neo on Wednesday 27th of March 2019 07:15:08 AM
Old 03-27-2019
See this page for complete instructions:

Boost Getting Started on Unix Variants - 1.46.1
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile has been replaced and need to get the older version

Hi All, .profile has been replaced with a new one. I need to know the variables used in the older version of .profile. I have a session opened using the old .profile. Is there a way that I can get the exact file. I had some luck by using set command. But is there any way that I can get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

unable to install package on Ubuntu

Hi all, I am working on Ubuntu 7.10 and I want to install libssl-dev_0.9.8a-7ubuntu0.13_i386.deb. So tryied it with apt-get command but getting the following error-- Then I downloaded .deb file and attempt to install it with package installer but again unable to install it and getting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop in older version of ksh

When I am trying to use below code of for loop on older version of ksh it not working,and I just want to use only FOR loop ----------------- for i in (1..5) do echo $i done ----------------- please suggest.it really stoping me. FYI: i want to do this only by for loop (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How to Install TCSH package in Ubuntu 11?

I am trying to install tcsh package in ubuntu 11 When i tried to invoke the tcsh,i was prompted to contact administrator to install tcsh package. Since i am also the admin on my system its my job to install tcsh :D I have downloaded tcsh package named "tcsh-6.17.00.tar", since i don not have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
12 Replies

6. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Installation of older version of rsyslog

Hi, I am trying to downgrade the version of rsyslog to the older version (i.e) and when i issue the below command to check the packages i dont see the required package (i.e) and when i try to install it is complaining about package not found. Please advise on how to install the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Install and configure ntp rpm on Ubuntu 13.10 version

Hello, I am new to ubuntu Server OS and so trying to setup and ntp service on couple of servers. I see ntp rpm is not installed. # dpkg --get-selections | grep -v deinstall | grep ntp ntpdate install # so I tried to installed ntp rpm using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Global zone has an older version of package: pkg://Solaris/system/library

I try to install php-56 in a zone, but I have the following problem: pkg install php-56 Creating Plan (Running solver): \ pkg install: No solution was found to satisfy constraints maintained incorporations: None Creation Plan: dependency error (s) in proposed packages: Not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymk369
0 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD