Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pkgadd issue
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Pkgadd issue Post 303030286 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 7th of February 2019 02:24:48 PM
Old 02-07-2019
See if this previous post helps (found after search):

Pkgadd error no packages found in /var
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pkgadd / gnutar

I have sucessfully installed GNUtar using pkgadd but with some questions: When I tried to install with pkgadd -d GNUtar (which is the directory of the package) - I received the error "pkgadd: command not found" Then I tried the same but with pkgadd -d. GNUtar and it installed fine. (found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgadd

I am adding gcc 3.3.2 to my unix box what is the best way to do it???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alsande
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PKGADD error

Hello.. I'm making a pkg file that inserts a few files into an existing directory structure. I'm having some trouble in that the package will insert the directories I need.. but will fail to put the files I want into those directories. What I'm getting is this: ERROR: attribute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bags
2 Replies

4. Solaris

pkgadd

is there an option in pkgadd to accept the default option? I want to use pkgadd in a script and do not want to stop at intercative questions. thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pkgadd issues

I have a server running solaris 8 with veritas 4.1. I am trying to install a package on the server. The package install fails miserably though. I have installed the very same package on other development servers, but for some reason, the install fails on this, soon to be prod, server. No idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
3 Replies

6. Solaris

pkgadd help

I'm trying to install a package and it worked on most of the sun boxes and one of the box is just freezing and not going further. Her is the output. pkgadd -d packagename.dstream Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages). (default: all) : Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Pkgadd problem

Hi there, I need to install the Sun explorer package on hundreds of boxes and am writing a script to install it ..However, When you run pkgadd -d SUNWexplo It is interactive .....well i say interactive ...it gives you two questions both of which I answer a simple yes to. So i tried ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
9 Replies

8. Solaris

pkgadd?

Hi all. Is there an option to #pkgadd to test if package bundle you want to install requires a reboot? #pkgadd -d "package bundle" an option like test or a dry run? Suggestions, anyone? :confused: Reloader (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reloader
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

pkgadd question

Hi, Please could someone help me, understand how pkgadd works within unix. I have a software file, and I need to package this up and then pkgadd this to another server. Please could some advise me the best way to do this. regards venhart (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

10. Solaris

pkgadd changes permissions of /etc

Hi, when I install a package using pkgadd, it correctly installs the binary files with the user name that I want. However it also changes the permissions of /etc/rc2.d. I don't want this to happen. I want to retain original owner of /etc/rc2.d as it is. I could see that before installing,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: funwithdolphin
1 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD