Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script to solve query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to solve query Post 303011635 by RudiC on Sunday 21st of January 2018 06:38:36 AM
Old 01-21-2018
My result with your input data from post#1
Code:
trim(test) as rec1,
test as rec2,
trim(test) as rec3,
update date as test,
trim(name) as tes2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Script query

Hi I need a small help Cshell% more abc.txt ******** Cshell% cat abc.txt | cut -c1-3 *** Cshell%set test3=`cat abc.txt | cut -c1-3` Cshell%echo $test3 a.txt b.txt................. ..... It displays all the file in the current directory. I want *** to be displayed. Can any one of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpupdown
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script query

Hi, I am stuck assigning a value to a variable. I am trying to assign a value to a variable but getting error.... IP_ADDR=grep 'I.P. Address' /install/cfgdist/`uname -n`.cfg | cut -d : -f 2| cut -d . -f 1-3| sed s/" "//g I am using this script to grep first three octets of an IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to solve some question about shell Script

Factorial calculation Example output: Please enter a non-negative number: 3 3! = 3 X 2 X 1 = 6 Please enter a non-negative number: 10 10! = 10 X 9 X 8 X 7 X 6 X 5 X 4 X 3 X 2 X 1 = 3628800 Please enter a non-negative number:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cenco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to solve some question about shell Script

Factorial calculation Example output: Please enter a non-negative number: 3 3! = 3 X 2 X 1 = 6 Please enter a non-negative number: 10 10! = 10 X 9 X 8 X 7 X 6 X 5 X 4 X 3 X 2 X 1 = 3628800 Please enter a non-negative number: -1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cenco
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script query

hi all i have a shell script for connecting in sybase env what i need is i have around 10 servers , i need to connect to all servers and retrive the database inforamtion in the servers and display them any one of u have it request to share it asap ! "QUERY TO Connect to all servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! SHELL or AWK script - only the masters of the forum will solve

Hello everybody! I have no experience with shell Programmer, but I need to compare 02 files. Txt and generate an output or a new file, after the comparisons. see: If the column 1 of file1 is equal to column 1 of file2, and column 3 of file2 contains the column 4 of file1, output: column1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: He2
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script query

Hi Admins, I was trying to list the failed logins as part of my daily checklist. Here is my script for i in `who -s /etc/security/failedlogins|tail -100|grep "$dt"|awk '{print $1" "$6}'` do a=`echo $i|wc -l` if then echo $i else echo "There are no failed logins" fi done but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Solve a query please

Please solve the below: Use a pipeline and command substitution to set the length of a line in emp.lst to a variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies
TEST(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TEST(1)

NAME
test, [ - test for a condition SYNOPSIS
test expr [ expr ] OPTIONS
(none) EXAMPLES
test -r file # See if file is readable DESCRIPTION
Test checks to see if files exist, are readable, etc. and returns an exit status of zero if true and nonzero if false. The legal operators are -r file true if the file is readable -w file true if the file is writable -x file true if the file is executable -f file true if the file is not a directory -d file true if the file is a directory -s file true if the file exists and has a size > 0 -t fd true if file descriptor fd (default 1) is a terminal -z s true if the string s has zero length -n s true if the string s has nonzero length s1 = s2 true if the strings s1 and s2 are identical s1 != s2 true if the strings s1 and s2 are different m -eq m true if the integers m and n are numerically equal The operators -gt, -ge, -ne, -le, and -lt may be used as well. These operands may be combined with -a (Boolean and), -o (Boolean or), ! (negation). The priority of -a is higher than that of -o. Parentheses are permitted, but must be escaped to keep the shell from trying to interpret them. SEE ALSO
expr(1), sh(1). TEST(1)