Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting REGEXPRESSION Getting wrongly Post 302994440 by gvkumar25 on Wednesday 22nd of March 2017 11:59:14 PM
Old 03-23-2017
My code is in the way you showed me but when I echo inside my for loop I am getting below o/p
Code:
Daily|xyz|abc_def_tem_[0-9]\\8

instead of
Code:
Daily|xyz|abc_def_tem_[0-9]\{8,\}

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

wrongly encapsulated appdg instead of rootdg

hi guys, i was doing a fresh installation of vxvm 4.0 on solaris 8 Sun enterprise 3500 and when i ran vxinstall command it gave me option of appdg and appdg02 to be encapsulated . I wanted to encapsulate rootdg. i wrongly encapsulated appdg. is there any work around for this ? your response... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishila
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wrongly linked my new file ..

Hi All, I was trying to point /unix-> new unix kernel ( unix_64_A ).. but instead by mistakenly i did the other way ..my new unix ( unix_64_A -> /unix ) ?? .. unfortunately i have only one copy of unix_64_A ..is there any way to solve this problem ..please help me asap . Thanks Vamshi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddaonline
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Putty recognise keystroke wrongly!

Putty: release 0.58 Operating system: Linux, release 2.6.36-rc7 Problem: I use Putty to connet to server, initially everthing looks fine but after I browse some files, my keyboard acts funny, like if I keyin "cd", I got "je" on the screen. :wall: This only happens on some existing files but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linwufei125
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk seems to be wrongly placed?

Dear all, I have small script ( which after introducing few changes) is not working as desired way . The content of the output file from this script is following ----------- 1492033600... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please delete my post which was posted wrongly

Hi Moderator, Please delete the below post which i posted by mistake.Thanks in advance. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/260605-closed-script-not-working-new-post.html Kindly help me on this. Thanks, vijay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhas85
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to recover wrongly deleted volume in VxVM?

Hi On solaris 10 system my one veritas volume got accidently deleted. Now could any one tell me how to recover it. If I am taking regular backup of disk group of that volume through vxconfigbackup as I want to recover only particular volume only. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command within script wrongly deleting the last line

Hi, I have a shell script which has a for loop that scans list of files and do find and replace few variables using sed command. While doing this, it deletes the last line of all input file which is something wrong. how to fix this. please suggest. When i add an empty line in all my input file,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies
REGEX(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  REGEX(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - regular expression handler SYNOPSIS
char *re_comp(s) char *s; re_exec(s) char *s; DESCRIPTION
Re_comp compiles a string into an internal form suitable for pattern matching. Re_exec checks the argument string against the last string passed to re_comp. Re_comp returns 0 if the string s was compiled successfully; otherwise a string containing an error message is returned. If re_comp is passed 0 or a null string, it returns without changing the currently compiled regular expression. Re_exec returns 1 if the string s matches the last compiled regular expression, 0 if the string s failed to match the last compiled regular expression, and -1 if the compiled regular expression was invalid (indicating an internal error). The strings passed to both re_comp and re_exec may have trailing or embedded newline characters; they are terminated by nulls. The regular expressions recognized are described in the manual entry for ed(1), given the above difference. SEE ALSO
ed(1), ex(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Re_exec returns -1 for an internal error. Re_comp returns one of the following strings if an error occurs: No previous regular expression, Regular expression too long, unmatched (, missing ], too many () pairs, unmatched ). 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 15, 1985 REGEX(3)