Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot get sma (net-snmp) service to start. Post 302991180 by Zeus18 on Tuesday 7th of February 2017 12:29:42 PM
Old 02-07-2017
os2mac, here's the tail of that log:

Code:
Feb 2 22:28:03 Method "start" exited with status 137
Feb 2 22:28:07 Leaving maintenance because disable requested
Feb 2 22:28:07 Disabled.
Feb 2 22:28:16 Enabled.
Feb 2 22:28:16 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/svc-sma")
ld.so.1: snmpd: fatal: libnetsnmpagent.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory killed
Feb 2 22:28:16 Method "start" exited with status 137

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

net-snmp

Does anybody know where I can get net-snmp for compaq tru64 V4.0G? I am having a difficult time locating it. Can it run on tru64 V4.0G? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

2. Solaris

net-snmp-5.1.2 Solaris 9

All, I downloaded and installed the following net-snmp from the sourceforge.net website on a Solaris 9 server with the entire collection installed: net-snmp-5.1.2-SunOS_5.9_sun4u.tar.gz with no errors. I attempt to run snmpget and I get the following error: ld.so.1: snmpget: fatal:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

3. Solaris

net-snmp on solaris 8

hello I am running solaris 8 sparc. I installed net-snmp 5.4.1 (compiled it from tar file). When I do snmpwalk from another server, I receive a partial list of OIDs then it stops and gives 'timeout. No response...' another snmpwalk will directly timeouts. I compiled again the binaries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. AIX

Net snmp bug

Hi Admins, I have installed net-snmp 5.5 binary in AIX 5.5 box and configured using snmpconf command.When i run ./snmpd -f -Lo -c /etc/snmpd.conf m getting below error. nlist err: neither proc nor _proc found After surfing i came to know the same is a bug.Please anyone tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Net-snmp 5.7.2 on HP-UX 11.31

Hi All, I have an issue with net-snmp communication from a monitoring server to HP UX server. Following are the details HP - UX server : 172.16.184.34 Monitoring Server : 172.16.5.57 (Solarwinds Application)I'm running HP-UX's snmp on udp port 161 and net-snmp on udp 1161. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
0 Replies
smbd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  smbd(1M)

NAME
smbd - CIFS server daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/smbsrv/smbd DESCRIPTION
The smbd daemon handles CIFS/SMB requests from CIFS clients, such as Windows clients. Only processes with {PRIV_SYS_SMB} and sufficient privileges to write the /var/run directory can run this daemon. The smbd daemon is automatically invoked by using the sharemgr command over all available transports. By default, smbd starts over the Net- BIOS-Over-TCP (NBT) and TCP transports. When smbd is started over NBT, the following services are started: o The NetBIOS name service is started on UDP port 137. o The NetBIOS datagram service is started on UDP port 138. o The NetBIOS session service is started on TCP port 139. When the smbd daemon is started over TCP, the CIFS service is started on TCP port 445. Only one instance of smbd may be running at a time. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Daemon exited cleanly. 95 Daemon exited with a fatal error. 96 Daemon exited with a configuration error. ATTRIBUTES
See the attributes(5) man page for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsmbsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ps(1), svcs(1), sharectl(1M), sharemgr(1M), smbadm(1M), smbstat(1M), svcadm(1M), smb(4), smbautohome(4), system(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
Use the svcadm command to perform administrative actions on the smbd service, such as enabling, disabling, or restarting the service. Use the svcs command to query the service status. The smbd service is managed by the service management facility under the service identifier svc:/network/smb/server. If the smbd service is disabled, it will be enabled by the sharemgr(1M) command, unless its auto_enable property is set to false. SunOS 5.11 5 Feb 2008 smbd(1M)