Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using python with argument in TCSH autocompletion Post 302980908 by chistof on Monday 5th of September 2016 01:29:51 AM
Old 09-05-2016
Thx Chubler !

I couldn't exactly make it work with what you wrote but the $COMMAND_LINE put me on the right track and helped my research a lot and I found something which worked great !

Code:
complete echo 'p/1/`set cmd = ( $COMMAND_LINE ); mypythonalias $cmd[$#cmd]`/'

Thanks again for your help guys !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path autocompletion in ksh

Say, I want to move into dir library from current dir, on prompt if I type in cd li if it is followed by pressing 'Tab' key then complete dir name appears. Would there anyone know, how we can make into effect this path autocompletion? I am using 'ksh'. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
5 Replies

2. AIX

korn prompt autocompletion possible ?

My client`s system is an AIX 4.2 and using the Kron shell. I was just wondering if it is possible to have the prompt autocompletion enabled on it without changing shell version. By autocompletion, I mean to automatically complete the filenames or directories we type in using the Tab key. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to get autocompletion on !

Hi, Previously, if I type !cp <tab> the last cp command would come automatically. However, something has changed recently with my system. I am unable to get a autocomplete !cp <tab> now. Where can I look for the changes ? Any idea what might have caused it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolket
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

white spaces in bash autocompletion

Hello dear community! I've recently written a BASH function for auto completion of options. It works like following: if a user types a command and then an argument to this command which starts with "^-" and then presses TAB, then 'user_command --help (or -h)' is invoked and possible options are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidorenko
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot compare argument in if statement in csh/grep command if argument starts with “-“

If ($argv == “-debug”) then Echo “in loop” Endif But this is not working. If I modify this code and remove “-“, then it works. Similarly I am getting problem using grep command also Grep “-debug” Filename Can someone please help me on how to resolve these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python : passing list as argument and updating in definition

In the below python code.. Could anyone please let me know why the name(variable) is getting modified if I update the kargs variable in the definition, def f( kargs): kargs.extend() print ("In function :",kargs) name = f(name) print("Outside function :",name) Output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

8. Programming

Python passing filename through argument

Hello, A python beginner question on passing filename thru argument. My code is: #!/usr/bin/python import sys, getopt import os def main(argv): try: opts, args = getopt.getopt(sys.argv,"hi:o:ce", ) except getopt.GetoptError: usage() print("Usage: %s... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Programming

Python script to grep fields and use values from file 1 as argument for another command

Hi Experts, I am working one one python script in version 3.x and 2.6. Need your support to complete it Basically for both commands i have telnet to device and run command and then receiving input File 1 and File 2 I have two commands, need to grep data and output in csv file. Next script/code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies

10. Programming

Python : Problem with " TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number "

Hello ! I'm creating a CGI which allow to display graph from some data. The datas looks like : 2020-01-13-00-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-06-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-12-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-18-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-14-00-00,384.00,350.00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
1 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)