Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX scripting Post 302973512 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 18th of May 2016 09:24:25 AM
Old 05-18-2016
I see that you chose to ignore all of the comments I made in post #3 in this thread, so there is a good chance that I have guessed wrong in several ways; but, if we rearrange your script slightly, does this come closer to doing what you need? Since you have not told us what shell or operating system you're using, the following code assume that you are using a shell that meets basic POSIX shell command language requirements. And, since we have no sample data to work with, this is entirely untested....
Code:
 ERRORDIR=/home/xxxxxxx/ABC/error_directory
 while read -r i
 do  RECIPIENTS="$RECIPIENTS $i@stp.aess.org"
 done < /home/xxxxxxx/ABC/xeenos_scrpts/emailparm
 find /home/xxxxxxx/ABC/logs/*.rpt -mtime -8 ! -name '*ftplog*' | while read -r r1
 do  if grep -q CompletionCode "$r1"
     then
         if ! grep CompletionCode "$r1" | grep -q "CompletionCode: Value=0"
         then
             ( echo " There were errors in the following report file for Xeenos:"
               echo
               echo "This files have been moved to $ERRORDIR"
               echo "$r1"
             ) | mail -s "$r1" $RECIPIENTS
             mv "$r1" "$ERRORDIR"
         fi
     fi
 done

I have strong doubts that the line of code shown in red above is ever going to find a matching line (and will therefore report that every file contains errors; but without seeing the data you are searching, it is just a doubt and I have to assume that those two grep commands will actually find a single line that contains both CompletionCode without a trailing colon and with a trailing colon in report files that indicate successful completion of the associated job.

This will send one e-mail message to your list of recipients for each job that "failed". (If you wanted a single e-mail message summarizing all of the failed jobs found, I assume you would have selected a different subject line for the e-mail messages.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripting

:confused: I need to find a place or places on the Internet where I can find UNIX scripts to view and to modify to make life easy on the UNIX environment. Can someone help me on this. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help With Unix Scripting.

Can anybody tell me the best way to learn unix scripting.can you recommend a good book.Please help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hella
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix scripting pl help

Hi All, I am new to Unix Scripting. I have below scenario. I need to write a Unix function with the following. 1. I have table. From this table I need to write a query. SELECT Col1(File_nm),Col2(From_Loc),Col3(To_Loc) FROM A WHERE CONDITION For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree11
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me Out in unix scripting

Hello every one, plz help me out. I m using 4 files in unix, like file1, file2, file3,file4 in which primary key is ID in column(field) of 4 files. On the bases of ID, i want the corresponding field of 4 files in final file let say collected file. In collected file, ID column should occur only one... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaprus
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Scripting

Hi Gurus, I am a system admin in solaris field and ive planned to study unix scripting.ive planned to start reading Mastering Unix scripting by randal.Scripts in that are based on Korn shell(ksh).my question is whether the same scripts can be applied to other shells like bash etc..And... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting

Hi Gurus, I am a system admin in solaris field and ive planned to study unix scripting.ive planned to start reading Mastering Unix scripting by randal.Scripts in that are based on Korn shell(ksh).my question is whether the same scripts can be applied to other shells like bash etc..And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting

how to check if a unix script gets executed without errors across all unix platforms. incase if a script gets executed without errors only one platform say AIX, what needs to be done to that script such that it will run all unix platforms like linux, hp, sun etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmann
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix scripting

i need help with this problem this is the problem: Write a script that logs how many users login on/off the system over a 5 minute period. It can run in the foreground, and run 4 times a minute. Set a trap that will not allow a CNTRL-C command, and if a CNTRL-C is excuted store the time and date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sportsmansixty6
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)