Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help: run with another user, env disappear Post 302971573 by yanglei_fage on Friday 22nd of April 2016 01:38:44 AM
Old 04-22-2016
Help: run with another user, env disappear

Code:
#!/bin/sh
PATH_1=$PATH
echo "PATH_1 is " $PATH_1
function user_func (){
  whoami
  export PATH=$PATH_1:/usr/local/bin
  echo "PATH is" $PATH
  exit
}
export -f user_func
su -m hadoop -c 'user_func'

from out put, PATH is not set with PATH_1 append ( it's not another user to run the script, it's the user "hadoop" inside the script to run the function 'user_func' )
Code:
PATH_1 is  /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
hadoop
PATH is /bin:/usr/bin

Last edited by yanglei_fage; 04-22-2016 at 10:08 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to use own account env variables to cron user

hi all, i have one account for unix Tru64. i can login this account and i do execute special shell script(login sqlplus, execute another shell, etc... ) on this account on my server. but i can't run this shell from cron tab. i think that become cron user envirnoment variables. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run cmds after changing to a new env (shell) in a shell script

Hi, I am using HP-UNIX. I have a requirement as below I have to change env twice like: cadenv <env> cadenv <env> ccm start -d /dbpath ccm tar -xvf *.tar ccm rcv .... mv *.tar BACKUP but after I do the first cadenv <env> , I am unable to execute any of the later commands . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlei
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating env variables for user apache?

So that they can be used in a cgi script? How best to do this? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:38 AM ---------- Anyone that can help me with this? Basically I want to add an environment variable that will be visible to the cgi scripts when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke user env. on remote server

I am tryying to ssh remote machine from a script to run a program for a particular user but it is not bringing up the user environment on remote machine. I was wondering if some one tells me what is the command I should put in the script which will invoke user env on the remote server before ssh is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam101
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run Oracle stored procedure from UNIX env

Hi Everyone, I want to create a script where i need to run the oracle stored procedure from unix script and get the output(sequence number ) into a variable which i will pass in my datastage job. Below is my stored procedure:- DECLARE P_TRANSTYPE VARCHAR2(20); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User switching without carrying over LC_CTYPE env variable

I am using Solaris8, userA's shell '/usr/ace/prog/sdshell', AppuserB's shell '/bin/ksh'. serverT:/home/userA>LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1; export LC_CTYPE; vtemp='userA variable'; export vtemp serverT:/home/userA>echo "LC_CTYPE=$LC_CTYPE, vtemp=$vtemp"; LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1, vtemp=userA... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using env variables to run a program

Hi there, I need urgent help with a small program that is run via shell script. Unfortunately I only understand the bare basics of shell scripting and can't figure out how to do this. We have a program that tests the connection between 3 servers. I have a script that lets the program run on... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pherdinand
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set env variables for user

Hi , I have installed oracle in Solaris machine and unable to set the env variable. I tried to put the env variable in .dtprofile file but didn't help. So everytime I login in need to run the command and export the variable. Kindly suggest where I am doing wrong.Pls excuse as I am not too... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies
svscanboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     svscanboot(8)

NAME
svscanboot - starts svscan(8) in the /service directory, with output and error messages logged through readproctitle(8). svscanboot is available in daemontools 0.75 and above. SYNOPSIS
svscanboot DESCRIPTION
svscanboot runs the pipeline svscan /service 2>&1 | readproctitle service errors: ..... with 400 dots. The last 400 bytes of error messages from svscan(8) will be visible to ps(1) through readproctitle(8). svscanboot sets $PATH to /command:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin (all in one line, no space) and clears all other environment variables. Program writers are encouraged to use globally allocated names in /command. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8), ps(1) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html http://cr.yp.to/slashcommand.html svscanboot(8)