Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying bash script to take each line in a file and execute command Post 302968474 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 9th of March 2016 05:10:36 PM
Old 03-09-2016
in a file named like scr.sh try something like:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

while read ip
do
   if [ -n "$ip" ]
   then
      while read user pass
      do
         CMD=`ps -eaf | grep -c mysql`
         if [ "$CMD" -gt "50" ]
         then
            sleep 15
         fi
         ./mysql $ip $user $pass &
      done < pass_file
   fi
done < host_file

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to delete file input on command line

1) I wrote a script and gave the desired permissions using "chmod 755 scriptname". Now if i edit the script file, why do i need to set the permission again? Didn't i set the permission attribute.. or if i edit the file, does the inode number of file changes? 2) I am running my unix on a server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Execute command from specific column in file

Hi Unix Experts,Team I have a file (say comand_file.prm), The file has a command specified in column 6 (say "./execute_script.sh"). I want to execute this command in my script. I am writing a KSH script to achieve this. Could you please assist me with this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevanm
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command line options from bash script

I have the following code and I am calling it using ./raytrac.bash -u and getting problems. For some reason opt_usage is still 0. opt_usage=0 iarg=0 narg=$# while (($iarg < $narg)) do (( iarg = $iarg + 1 )) arg=$argv usrInputFlag=`echo $arg | awk '/=/ {print 1}; ! /=/... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to execute a command remote servers using ssh

Hello, I am running into few issues, please suggest me what I am missing. I am running this script on a linux host. Main idea of this script is to, login to each host via ssh and get uid of user, service user that I trying to run this script, has already deployed ssh keys and provide sudo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash command line to strip tar.gz file extension?

What's the command syntax for stripping out the tar.gz file extension in a bash command line (not script file). Thanks! prompt/> ls *.tar.gz | <what comes here?> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZillaG
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying file from command line using Perl

Hi all, I am having a slight issue updating a file using perl from the command line I need some help with. The item is: DATA_FILE_TYPE=FULL When I run the below command /usr/bin/perl -p -i -e "s/DATA_FILE_TYPE=/DATA_FILE_TYPE=APPEND/g" processfile.cfg It looks to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kstevens67
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed working on command line but file unchanged when execute with Shell script

I have a simple task to replace unix line feed end of line characters with carriage returns. When I run the following “change file in place” sed instruction from the command line all the Line feeds are successfully replaced with Carriage returns. sed -i 's/$/\r/' lf_file.txt But that same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawkman2k
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql - Storage::DBI class implementing MySQL specifics SYNOPSIS
Storage::DBI autodetects the underlying MySQL database, and re-blesses the $storage object into this class. my $schema = MyDb::Schema->connect( $dsn, $user, $pass, { on_connect_call => 'set_strict_mode' } ); DESCRIPTION
This class implements MySQL specific bits of DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI, like AutoIncrement column support and savepoints. Also it augments the SQL maker to support the MySQL-specific "STRAIGHT_JOIN" join type, which you can use by specifying "join_type => 'straight'" in the relationship attributes It also provides a one-stop on-connect macro "set_strict_mode" which sets session variables such that MySQL behaves more predictably as far as the SQL standard is concerned. STORAGE OPTIONS
set_strict_mode Enables session-wide strict options upon connecting. Equivalent to: ->connect ( ... , { on_connect_do => [ q|SET SQL_MODE = CONCAT('ANSI,TRADITIONAL,ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,', @@sql_mode)|, q|SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL = 0|, ] }); AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3)