Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: About gvfsd-metadata
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications About gvfsd-metadata Post 302966870 by gull04 on Wednesday 17th of February 2016 10:54:49 AM
Old 02-17-2016
Hi,

A quick and dirty fix is to make a copy of and then remove the metadata file using;

Code:
# > cp ${HOME}/.local/share/gvfs-metadata "new_file_name"
# > rm ${HOME}/.local/share/gvfs-metadata

If there are any issues you can regress by copying it back.

Don't forget to run your pkill after deleting the file.

Regards

Gull04

Last edited by gull04; 02-17-2016 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: Additional info
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Best way to dump metadata to file: when and by who?

Hi, my application (actually library) indexes a file of many GB producing tables (arrays of offset and length of the data indexed) for later reuse. The tables produced are pretty big too, so big that I ran out of memory in my process (3GB limit), when indexing more than 8GB of file or so.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print metadata to jpg

Hi all, I would like to write a scipt that gets gps informatoin from a jpg and print 's it on the lower left corner, In order to get the gps data I have found a tool called jhead. In know that with the help of the imagemagick command convert it is possible to print text on the pictures. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: flash80
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - restore metadata on other disk

Hi guys, I would like to ask your opinion about my theory, how to fix my broken LVM without risking any data loss. I use Archlinux at home. I just love this distro, even it gives me a lots of work (particularly after system updates). Basic system spec: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyynxxx
1 Replies
gvfs-ls(1)							   User Commands							gvfs-ls(1)

NAME
gvfs-ls - list the content of directories using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gvfs-ls [-a] [-h] [-l] [-c] URI DESCRIPTION
gvfs-ls lists the content of directories using the VFS system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Acts as a attribute filter. It specifies what attributes to print. -h Show hidden files -l User a long listing format -c Show completions EXAMPLES
Example 1: List the content of a local directory example% gvfs-ls file:///usr/bin/ Example 2: List the content of a remote directory example% gvfs-ls smb://server/resource/ ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gvfs-ls Executable to list the content of the directory using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-gvfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-cat(1), gvfs-less(1), gvfs-info(1), gvfs-mkdir(1) gvfs-monitor-dir(1), gvfs-monitor-file(1), gvfs-mount(1), gvfs- move(1), gvfs-rename(1), gvfs-open(1), gvfs-rm(1), gvfs-save(1), gvfs-trash(1), gvfs-tree(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Alvaro Lopez Ortega, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 25 Mar 2008 gvfs-ls(1)