Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Groups is not visible
Operating Systems Solaris Groups is not visible Post 302966524 by Revathi2089 on Saturday 13th of February 2016 02:58:20 AM
Old 02-13-2016
Groups is not visible

I am trying to add a user ad3059 to the following groups,
Code:
A   B   C   D ( four groups A,B,C,D)

When i use usermod command and add the user to the above groups,

and go to
Code:
> groups ad3059
other C D

It doesnt show A and B groups and shows it as other.Please advice on how can we fix the issue

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-13-2016 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why are the xml tags not visible?

Could some one please tell me why, when I run the following php code: <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <?php $readfile = file("rss_file.xml"); for ($k=0; $k<=count($readfile)-1; $k++) { echo "$readfile<br>"; } </BODY> </HTML> the tags do not appear in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

2. Web Development

images are not visible

hi, why my uploaded images are not visible both in front-end and back-end of my CMS ? See the picture: http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/72686/noPics.png I checked the GD library in php. It seems ok... http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/72686/GD.png thanks ---------- Post updated at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A file system visible for solaris and windows?

Hi, I have a 1TB external iomega hard disk, and I want to plug it to a solaris 8 machine. The problem is that solaris doesn't recognize the NTFS file system partition. I was thinking of formatting it to FAT32, but I would like to know if anyone knows a better file system, considering: - I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dann-E
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

[ URGENT] - HDD visible to OS without reboot

Hi, I have added 30 GB Vmware Scsci disk in RHEL # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) I want to make this 30 GB visible to OS without reboot. Pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

5. Solaris

folder not visible in ls -l

Hi, I have a strange problem. when i do ls i see a folder, say 'abc', but it disappears when i do ls -l. I cannot access or mv that folder. Solaris 10 (SPARC) doesn't allow me to create a new folder with the same name, as it already exists. 'file' command also doesn't recognize i 'abc'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not visible hidden folder

Hi, In one folder there is a hidden folder. Whenever i do any ls -a i can't see the folder. However i can get into the folder by cd .foldername. Would you please help me to identify what is the problem here. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
13 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread 2nd page not visible

Hi, I am not able to see second page of my last post, giving me message database corrupted. Please check. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
7 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Content of posts aren't visible - only subject

Let's see if this works here. (Except I can't post a URL ...) I posted the thread above and you can't see content, only the subject title. Moderator Don Cragun replied to the post in Shell scripting and programming. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalej
2 Replies
lvmpvg(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 lvmpvg(4)

NAME
lvmpvg - LVM physical volume group information file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is an ASCII file that stores the volume-group information for all of the physical volume groups in the system. The information is stored in a hierarchical format. First, it starts with a volume group under which multiple physical volume groups can exist. Under each physical volume group, a list of physical volumes can be specified. There must be at least one physical volume group in each volume group that appears in this file. The physical-volume-group name must be unique within the corresponding volume group, although it is permissible to use a common physical volume group name across different volume groups. There can be as many volume groups in this file as there are in the system. Instead of using the and commands, the administrator can edit this file to create and extend physical volume groups. However, care must be taken to ensure that all physical volumes to be included in the file have already been defined in their respective volume groups by previ- ous use of or The file format has the following structure. and are keywords that introduce the names of the volume group and physical volume group, respectively. pv_path ... pv_path ... pv_path ... The variables are defined as follows: pv_path The block device path name of a physical volume within the volume group. pvg_name The name of the physical volume group. It must be unique within the volume group. vg_name The path name of the volume group. EXAMPLES
The following example shows an file containing two volume groups: the first containing two physical volume groups, each with two physical volumes defined in it; the second containing three physical volume groups, each with one physical volume defined in it. SEE ALSO
vgcreate(1M), vgextend(1M), vgreduce(1M), vgremove(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). lvmpvg(4)