Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to chnage format and subtract time and date and get average.? Post 302958515 by RudiC on Friday 23rd of October 2015 04:58:44 AM
Old 10-23-2015
Any attempt from your side?

---------- Post updated at 10:58 ---------- Previous update was at 10:57 ----------

And, I don't have the slightest clue of what you want to achieve.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format date/time presentation

1) i am trying to print the timeframe of a log file using the start/end date/time being extracted from the file itself. my problem is how to convert the following numeric date format to the one that i prefer: Start time: 0204161129 End time : 0204171431 into: Start time: Apr 16 2002... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Subtract date & time in diferent rows

Hi Friends :) I have a long file having fields in the form : Field1 yy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss Duration(Sec) line 1) 123123 05/11/30 12:12:56 145 line 2) 145235 05/11/30 12:15:15 30 line 3) 145264 05/11/30 13:14:56 178 . . I want to subtract yy/dd/dd hh:mm:ss in line (2) from yy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanand420
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and Time format

I want to append current date and time to a file name like filename_090920091210. If I use filename_`date +%d%m%Y%T`, the ouput is filename_0909200912:10:33. How to format this as filename_090920091210. Please let me know. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimenon09
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date and time in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format

Frens, I have a logfile which has got manier things in it and somewer in that file i have a date in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format.... I just need to get the date and time nothing else.... i have searched in this forum for it but got only date in mm-dd-yyyy format.. but i need to search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & date time format

This gives: grep "qprt -o -dp -N 1 -P" printfile.log.1216 |awk '{print $7, $9}' |grep lpc1z The output like below: lpc1z /cerner/d_prod/print/ccltemp4235396d030a.dat.tmp.1216075330] lpc1z /cerner/d_prod/print/ccltemp4235396d036a.dat.tmp.1216075634] lpc1z... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - shows today’s date and time in a better format than ‘date’ (Uses positional paramete

Hello, I am trying to show today's date and time in a better format than ‘date' (Using positional parameters). I found a command mktime and am wondering if this is the best command to use or will this also show me the time elapse since 1/30/70? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

DATE and TIME format help in HP-UX

Hello, I have date format as shown in red color below Fri, Sep 12, 2012 08:38:05 PM Can anyone help me with command to change this format to yyyy-mm-dd and HH:MM:SS Note: Time should be in 24 hours format I really appreciate your help!! Thanks, Elavarasan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elavarasan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract two rows (in Time format)

Hello all, I have written sth like this: #!/bin/bash grep -e XXX -e YYYY myfile.log | grep -v ZZZ | awk '{print $1 " " $2 ";" $3 ";" $9 ";" $11}' > myfile.csv sed -i '1iDate;Time;From;To' myfile.csv => it is clear that it converts log to csv and add a header. Now I want to subtract row... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command - subtract from given time

the given time is: 12:13:00 how do i subtract a 10 minutes from any given time? date '12:13:00' '-10 min' also tried this: date +12:13:00 '-10 min' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
TIMED(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  TIMED(8)

NAME
timed - time server daemon SYNOPSIS
timed [ -t ] [ -M ] [ -n network ] [ -i network ] DESCRIPTION
Timed is the time server daemon and is normally invoked at boot time from the rc(8) file. It synchronizes the host's time with the time of other machines in a local area network running timed(8). These time servers will slow down the clocks of some machines and speed up the clocks of others to bring them to the average network time. The average network time is computed from measurements of clock differences using the ICMP timestamp request message. The service provided by timed is based on a master-slave scheme. When timed(8) is started on a machine, it asks the master for the net- work time and sets the host's clock to that time. After that, it accepts synchronization messages periodically sent by the master and calls adjtime(2) to perform the needed corrections on the host's clock. It also communicates with date(1) in order to set the date globally, and with timedc(8), a timed control program. If the machine running the master crashes, then the slaves will elect a new master from among slaves running with the -M flag. A timed running without the -M flag will remain a slave. The -t flag enables timed to trace the messages it receives in the file /usr/adm/timed.log. Tracing can be turned on or off by the program timedc(8). Timed normally checks for a master time server on each network to which it is connected, except as modified by the options described below. It will request synchronization service from the first master server located. If permitted by the -M flag, it will provide synchronization service on any attached networks on which no current master server was detected. Such a server propagates the time computed by the top-level master. The -n flag, followed by the name of a network which the host is connected to (see networks(5)), overrides the default choice of the network addresses made by the program. Each time the -n flag appears, that network name is added to a list of valid networks. All other networks are ignored. The -i flag, followed by the name of a network to which the host is connected (see networks(5)), overrides the default choice of the network addresses made by the program. Each time the -i flag appears, that network name is added to a list of networks to ignore. All other networks are used by the time daemon. The -n and -i flags are meaningless if used together. FILES
/usr/adm/timed.log tracing file for timed /usr/adm/timed.masterlog log file for master timed SEE ALSO
date(1), adjtime(2), gettimeofday(2), icmp(4P), timedc(8), TSP: The Time Synchronization Protocol for UNIX 4.3BSD, R. Gusella and S. Zatti 4.3 Berkeley Distribution November 17, 1996 TIMED(8)