Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX CHFS running clean but FileSize not changing Post 302957179 by zaxxon on Thursday 8th of October 2015 02:47:13 AM
Old 10-08-2015
Please show the output of
Code:
lsfs -q /oracle/EP1/sapdata1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesize

I know in php if you use the function filesize it will return the size of the file in bytes, but is there an easy way to get the size in MB. Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmg5
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FileSize ???

How do I identify if there is any content in a file? If there is nothing in a specified file, I'd like to send an email indicating that there is nothing to report. Any help appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

3. AIX

chfs increase /var limit at 512mb?

Is there a limit of 512Mb when doing a "chfs -a size=XXXXX /myfs" ? I managed to increase /var to 512MB fine, no issues, then i wanted to increase /usr to 2Gb, but when i enter: # chfs -a size=2260992 /usr chfs: 0506-908 Cannot reduce size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigp84
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX and filesize

Hey guys. What I need to do is this: I need to find files that have a certain filesize (for this case a file size of 0 (zero) ) When I find this file with a filesize of zero I need to echo a statement that tells the user to delete it and not to delete it if the filesize is greater than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
3 Replies

5. AIX

chfs -- permission denied

nevermind .. please close. tired admin in the morning ) edit by bakunin: your wish shall be my command... ;-)) -closed- (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenshi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesize

I want to know if there is any unix command to view the size of the file? eg. i have a directory letter in this i have file a,b,c,d,e. i just want to know the size of file d and not any other. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting filesize

Hello, I have a script that should store file size in a variable $filesize. I don't know what is the best way to do it. I tried ls -lt myfile.txt | sed something >$filesize but I don't know how to use sed to get filesize. I know that the owner of the file is root and then we have some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pppswing
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesize not working

I am having problems with finding the filesize with this in my script: filesize=`ls -l | awk '$5=0'` if ; then ls -l | awk '{print $9 " " $5}' if ; then echo "Would you like to delete this file? (y/n)" if yes do this elif no do this fi fi else... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akeenabawa
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition for filesize

Hi, I want to check file size in unix, based on file size I am going to execute appropriate command. I tried below, but getting the error. System details – Machine hardware: sun4u OS version: 5.9 if ( -s $f1 ) then echo "filename exists and is > 0 bytes" else echo "filename... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing information supplied when running file

In unix systems I can call `file` to return me the file type. file cel.vik $ cel.vik: ASCII text How can I append additional information when I create a file such that when I call `file` it returns me that additional information. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
bup-ls(1)						      General Commands Manual							 bup-ls(1)

NAME
bup-ls - list the contents of a bup repository SYNOPSIS
bup ls [-s] [-a] DESCRIPTION
bup ls lists files and directories in your bup repository using the same directory hierarchy as they would have with bup-fuse(1). The top level directory contains the branch (corresponding to the -n option in bup save), the next level is the date of the backup, and subsequent levels correspond to files in the backup. When bup ls is asked to output on a tty, it formats its output in columns so that it can list as much as possible in as few lines as possi- ble. However, when bup ls is asked to output to something other than a tty (say you pipe the output to another command, or you redirect it to a file), it will output one file name per line. This makes the listing easier to parse with external tools. Note that bup ls doesn't show hidden files by default and one needs to use the -a option to show them. Files are hidden when their name begins with a dot. For example, on the topmost level, the special directories named .commit and .tag are hidden directories. Once you have identified the file you want using bup ls, you can view its contents using bup join or git show. OPTIONS
-s, --hash show hash for each file/directory. -a, --all show hidden files. EXAMPLE
bup ls /myserver/latest/etc/profile bup ls -a / SEE ALSO
bup-join(1), bup-fuse(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-save(1), git-show(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-ls(1)