Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cannot see disks while tryin to install CentOS 7 Post 302948655 by bakunin on Wednesday 1st of July 2015 09:16:44 AM
Old 07-01-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypreH
It shows that no disk present insystem, though 2 disks inserted (using RAID controller).
Do you have the necessary driver for the RAID controller loaded?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

X-Windows,Install Shield on CentOS

I have a fresh install of CentOS 5.2. I need to install a commercial package that uses InstallShield. Every time I run the installation program, it gives me an error that tells me it can't open an xwindows window. The system autoboots into Gnome. I open a new xterm window by typing xterm in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreywpearson
0 Replies

2. Linux

Centos 5 install. Partion order

I can't control the partion order during install. For example i need. hda5 /var 1GB hda6 /opt 2GB I created them in such order but OS adjust them to hda5 /opt 2GB hda6 /var 1GB It is frustrating during install, I pretty sure I can order the partion as i like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Mirorr Solaris 10 5/09 root disks at install time

I'm going to install a fresh Solaris 10 5/09 install on a UFS on a server with 2 disks attached to a SCSI controller and i want to mirror those disks at install time is there any to do this , As far as i know Jump start and live upgrade are the sole way to do this , is there anyways except... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Questions About RHEL 6, CentOS 5.5 download and install

Hi, I have some questions about RHEL and CentOS download and installation. (1) Is RHEL6.0 x86_64 beta downloaded from Red Hat site working fine? (2) Where to download CentOS 5.5 DVD iso without using BitTorrent? (3) What are the differences between these two images - CentOS 5.5 i386 and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install vim on centos

i typed this command it shows -bash: up2date: command not found how to install it? how to copy the code to the VI editor when i access my server with secureCRT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runeveryday
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to install centos 5.5 using Raid In Virtualbox

Im have Oracle Virtualbox and vmware workstation How can i Add2 HDD in Vmware or Virtualbox and Install centos Using Raid Configuration Please give me Tutorial step by Step .. Thanks in Advance In Virtualbox there is SAS Hard disk So shall i Use it ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

During install error centos 5.8

Hi i am getting the following error while i try to install OS from my repo " unable to read group information from repositories this is a problem with the generation of your install tree " guide me any one (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can someone Help install CentOS

Hello, I'm new to this Unix OS. I need help and guide to how to install this: Server requirements / Installation OS: CentOS6 / EXT4 SWAP: 16 GB (system level) Just show me the walk through by using centos manual install. Thanks, mimic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mimic51
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I install a OpenVPN in CentOS?

Hi, I have looked at different tutorials across the net on how to install a OpenVPN in Linux CentOS but I can't understand any of the instructions given. So I typed myself some step-by-step instructions that I do understand. This is the type of simplified instructions I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCorporation
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to install Xrdp in Centos.?

Hi, I want to install the Xrdp in Centos for taking remote session of centos server from Windows machine. could you please help me for this ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
6 Replies
BIOCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 BIOCTL(8)

NAME
bioctl -- RAID management interface SYNOPSIS
bioctl device command [arg [...]] DESCRIPTION
RAID device drivers which support management functionality can register their services with the bio(4) driver. bioctl then can be used to manage the RAID controller's properties. COMMANDS
The following commands are supported: show [disks | volumes] Without any argument by default bioctl will show information about all volumes and the logical disks used on them. If disks is specified, only information about physical disks will be shown. If volumes is specified, only information about the volumes will be shown. alarm [disable | enable | silence | test] Control the RAID card's alarm functionality, if supported. By default if no argument is specified, its current state will be shown. Optionally the disable, enable, silence, or test arguments may be specified to enable, disable, silence, or test the RAID card's alarm. blink start channel:target.lun | stop channel:target.lun Instruct the device at channel:target.lun to start or cease blinking, if there's ses(4) support in the enclosure. hotspare add channel:target.lun | remove channel:target.lun Create or remove a hot-spare drive at location channel:target.lun. passthru add DISKID channel:target.lun | remove channel:target.lun Create or remove a pass-through device. The DISKID argument specifies the disk that will be used for the new device, and it will be created at the location channel:target.lun. NOTE: Removing a pass-through device that has a mounted filesys- tem will lead to undefined behaviour. check start VOLID | stop VOLID Start or stop consistency volume check in the volume with index VOLID. NOTE: Not many RAID controllers support this fea- ture. create volume VOLID DISKIDs [SIZE] STRIPE RAID_LEVEL channel:target.lun Create a volume at index VOLID. The DISKIDs argument will specify the first and last disk, i.e.: 0-3 will use the disks 0, 1, 2, and 3. The SIZE argument is optional and may be specified if not all available disk space is wanted (also dependent of the RAID_LEVEL). The volume will have a stripe size defined in the STRIPE argument and it will be located at channel:target.lun. remove volume VOLID channel:target.lun Remove a volume at index VOLID and located at channel:target.lun. NOTE: Removing a RAID volume that has a mounted filesystem will lead to undefined behaviour. EXAMPLES
The following command, executed from the command line, shows the status of the volumes and its logical disks on the RAID controller: $ bioctl arcmsr0 show Volume Status Size Device/Label RAID Level Stripe ================================================================= 0 Building 468G sd0 ARC-1210-VOL#00 RAID 6 128KB 0% done 0:0 Online 234G 0:0.0 noencl <WDC WD2500YS-01SHB1 20.06C06> 0:1 Online 234G 0:1.0 noencl <WDC WD2500YS-01SHB1 20.06C06> 0:2 Online 234G 0:2.0 noencl <WDC WD2500YS-01SHB1 20.06C06> 0:3 Online 234G 0:3.0 noencl <WDC WD2500YS-01SHB1 20.06C06> To create a RAID 5 volume on the SCSI 0:15.0 location on the disks 0, 1, 2, and 3, with stripe size of 64Kb on the first volume ID, using all available free space on the disks: $ bioctl arcmsr0 create volume 0 0-3 64 5 0:15.0 To remove the volume 0 previously created at the SCSI 0:15.0 location: $ bioctl arcmsr0 remove volume 0 0:15.0 SEE ALSO
arcmsr(4), bio(4), cac(4), ciss(4), mfi(4) HISTORY
The bioctl command first appeared in OpenBSD 3.8, it was rewritten for NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The bioctl interface was written by Marco Peereboom <marco@openbsd.org> and was rewritten with multiple features by Juan Romero Pardines <xtraeme@NetBSD.org>. BSD
March 16, 2008 BSD