Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Booting T5 from USB
Operating Systems Solaris Booting T5 from USB Post 302936189 by LittleLebowski on Monday 23rd of February 2015 02:28:26 PM
Old 02-23-2015
Booting T5 from USB

I've copied over the sol-11_2-text-sparc.usb file to a USB thumb drive, plugged into a USB port on the front of the server, and then attempted to find the drive with
Code:
ok show-disks

to no avail.

Is there a different way to copy the image over to the drive using a Windows workstation? Is there anything else I should be doing in order to make sure that the server recognizes the USB thumb drive?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting

Hi all, I've managed to get Mandrake 9 installed by disconnecting my 2 windows' drives. When I reconnect them Mandrake wants to take over. I figure it's time for the BootManager, or should I use a Linux specific one like Lilo? Or have I already stuffed up by not running Lilo at time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
2 Replies

2. Linux

Booting Linux from an USB stick

I got Puppy linux and installed it on a usb stick. In the BIOS i selected to boot from USB-FDD but it goes to my HD and ignores the USB stick, What going on ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX not booting

ok so i have recently aquired an old Apple network server 700, its running AIX 4.1.4, i have virtually no experience in unix, it come up with "Can't open disk lebel package can't OPEN: /bandit/53c825@2,0:aix" i tried the maintinance mode with the AIX CD and i guess reinstalled, at least it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Apo11o
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KNOPPIX CD not Booting

I have downloaded KNOPIIX and burned it on a CD, it niether boots from CD nor could I open the file, it seems the extension is .iso, would you mind sending me your comment,please. Thank you very much (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir
2 Replies

5. Linux

Problems booting RH 8

I installed RH8 on Thinkpad R51. The install went smooth, but when I tried to boot, it hanged at: PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on Pci bus 00 device f9, VID=8086, ID=24ca PCI: Device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collisions. PCI_IDE: (ide_setup_pci_device:) could not enable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
0 Replies

6. Solaris

booting from CD

Hello.. I am Still Learing Solaris .. when i try to Install Solaris 8 from its CD...i pressed STOP + A and i get a OK prompt screen. I then typed, "boot cdrom" and i am getting this error message. " FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled." How do we enable the boot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Booting

I first had windows xp 64-bit installed on my system, and then installed fedora 10 on a partition (partition was created while installing fedora). When installation was completed, I could not boot on Windows or Fedora, I keep on getting this disc error and system asking to press ctrl+alt+del to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucianvibz
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting different partitions on a usb drive with syslinux

Hello, I have an 8gb usb flash drive that I had high aspirations of using for a recovery/install/messing around multipurpose drive. fdisk shows: $ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb password for woodnt: Disk /dev/sdb: 8036 MB, 8036285952 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 977 cylinders Units =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies
USBIP(8)						  System Administration Utilities						  USBIP(8)

NAME
usbipd - USB/IP server daemon SYNOPSIS
usbipd [options] DESCRIPTION
usbipd provides USB/IP clients access to exported USB devices. Devices have to explicitly be exported using usbip bind before usbipd makes them available to other hosts. The daemon accepts connections from USB/IP clients on TCP port 3240. The clients authorised to connect may be configured as documented in hosts_access(5). OPTIONS
-D, --daemon Run as a daemon process. -d, --debug Print debugging information. -v, --version Show version. LIMITATIONS
usbipd offers no authentication or authorization for USB/IP. Any USB/IP client running on an authorised host can connect and use exported devices. EXAMPLES
server:# modprobe usbip server:# usbipd -D - Start usbip daemon. server:# usbip list - List driver assignments for usb devices. server:# usbip bind -b 1-2 - Bind usbip-host.ko to the device of busid 1-2. - A usb device 1-2 is now exportable to other hosts! - Use 'usbip unbind -b 1-2' when you want to shutdown exporting and use the device locally. SEE ALSO
usbip(8) usbip February 2009 USBIP(8)